About Military Hospital (Cardio Thoracic Centre), Pune
The hospital was established in 1945 as Indo British General Hospital at Aundh in Pune . It was raised after the Second World War, as a hospital for Pulmonary Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases. It was designated as Military Hospital Aundh in Mar 1946. Initially it was a 540-bedded hospital. In 1967 an additional 60 beds were added for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, making it a 600 bedded hospital. Construction of the multistoried hospital building was started in the mid-sixties and completed in 1971. The hospital shifted to its present location in Sep 1971 and was later re-designated as Military Hospital (Cardio-Thoracic Centre). It has emerged as a leading tertiary care super-speciality centre. The hospital is committed to provide comprehensive holistic patients care for cases of pulmonary tuberculosis, cardiac and respiratory diseases.