6 Min Read
Aspergerâ€™s syndrome is a neurological disorder and the medical world says that it is connected to the Autism. Though the hereditary factor is called a reason, the exact reason behind this disorder is still unknown. Regardless of the condition of the masses, the syndrome can affect anybody. The disorder affects one in 4 men.
Symptoms of Aspergerâ€™s Syndrome:
The symptoms can be diagnosed only in adulthood, even though exist right from the childhood. People who have Aspergerâ€™s syndrome has been bullied for the unusual interest in the childhood days. A quirky behavior can be expected from those affected from this syndrome. Even eminent people like Bill Gates, Al Gore, Garrison Keillor, Woody Allen and Bob Dylan are said to show the symptoms of the Aspergerâ€™s syndrome. It is also said that even Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton too have suffered from Aspergerâ€™s syndrome
- Aspergerâ€™s syndrome is seen as a result of the impaired social reactions
- People, who suffer from this disorder can be noted that they cannot have a normal or comfortable relationship with their peers
- They cannot communicate through eye contact, body languages, facial expression and any other subtle means of communication
- They cannot show affection to others
- Sometimes they are termed to be rude and disrespectful
- Social and emotional exchange cannot be expected from people who suffer from Aspergerâ€™s syndrome
Aspergerâ€™s Syndrome and Autism:
It is said that Autism and this disorder are connected, no developmental delays can be seen in people, who suffer from Aspergerâ€™s syndrome. Their intelligence level is above average, making it difficult to diagnose any of the neurological disorder syndromes. It can also be often noted that people who suffer from Aspergerâ€™s syndrome, often show intense concentration, high level of logical thinking, and also exceptional capabilities in the field of mathematics and science.
Aspergerâ€™s syndrome has no cure except for the cognitive therapy. There are also speech therapies, and counseling that help the affected to cope up with the day today world. It helps them with coping mechanisms. They are completely capable to lead a normal life like getting employed, getting married and having children. People around the world are recognizing that Aspergerâ€™s syndrome is not an illness that requires treatment but a disorder that can prevail over through a few therapies.