Dr.A. Chandra Shekar
MBBS, MD (Internal Medicine), National Board (DNB) Nephrology
- 20 Years Experience
- 1 Private Practice
Dr.Chandrashekar graduated from Bangalore Medical College and obtained his Masters in Internal Medicine from M.S. Ramaiah Medical College. He worked in Critical Care Division for 2 years and served as a lecturer and Assistant Professor of Medicine in the same medical college. After getting the National Board degree in Nephrology, he worked alongside several eminent nephrologists in NU Hospitals and Manipal Hospital in Bangalore and then went on to head the Department of Nephrology at Sri Narayani Hospital and Research Centre, Vellore. Subsequently he became one of the core members of the transplant team at Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore and was engaged in several living and deceased donor renal transplantations.
He has three years of postgraduate Medical teaching experience and several years of Clinical Nephrology and Renal transplantation experience. He is adept in managing a gamut of kidney diseases including acute kidney injury, chronic kidney disease, diabetes, hypertension, urinary tract infection, stones, electrolytes and acid-base disorders, hereditary and pregnancy-related kidney diseases. He is committed to make dialysis and transplantation services affordable to every needy patient and is focusing on ways to overcome preventable kidney diseases at a community level.
Chandrashekar has published articles in indexed journals and is currently a Journal Reviewer for a popular medical journal called 'Hemodialysis International.' He has won an award for best paper in the original article category at a national conference held in Kochi. Recognizing his outstanding service in the field of Nephrology, he has been conferred 'Prathibha Puraskar' award by an NGO on the eve of Doctor's Day, 2016 in New Delhi. He also was felicitated with Abdul Kalam Memorial Award (Vaidya Ratna Award) by Mr. Rosaiah, the former Governor of Tamil Nadu and Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh at a ceremony in Hyderabad.
- Languages : Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Tamil, english
Consultant Nephrologist and Transplant Physician, People Tree Hospitals, Bangalore 4a4, 2015 - Present
Nephrologist and Transplant Physician, Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore July, 2012 - March, 2015
Consultant Nephrologist, Sri Narayani Hospital, Vellore January, 2011 - June, 2012
Sr Registrar Nephrology, Manipal Hospital, Bangalore April, 2010 - May, 2011
Resident Nephrology, N. U. Hospitals, Bangalore July, 2006 - June, 2009
Assistant Professor Medicine, M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore June, 2010 - December, 2010
Lecturer Medicine, M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore July, 2005 - June, 2006
Sr Registrar ICU, M. S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore June, 2004 - June, 2005
Sr Registrar Cardiology, M. S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore January, 2004 - March, 2004
Senior Consultant Nephrologist, KIMS Superspeciality Hospital, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh January, 2016 - Present
Central Line Insertion
Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy
Dialysis Access Procedures
Dialysis Catheter Placement
Acute Renal Failure
Chronic Kidney Diseases
Diabetic Kidney Disease
Disorder of Kidney
- Kidney failure
- Kidney stones
- Diabetes-related kidney diseases
- Urinary tract infection
- Hereditary and cystic kidney diseases
- Fluid, electrolytes and acid-base disorders
- Renal transplantation
- Plasma exchange
MBBS, 2000, Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore, India
MD (Internal Medicine), 2003, M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore, India
National Board (DNB) Nephrology, 2010, N.U. Trust, Bangalore, Bangalore, India
Postgraduate Certification in Transplantation Science, 2016, Postgraduate School of Medicine, University of Liverpool, UK, Liverpool, UK
Private Practice Information
No. 349, 2nd Cross, 1st Block, R.T. Nagar, Bangalore, Karnataka - 560032
- (+91) 9886540011
Achievements & Contributions
- Ph D Research Scholar at Renal Research Laboratory, Centre for Biomedical Research, School of Biosciences and Technology, VIT Univeristy, Vellore, India
- Third prize for Original Study - 2015 Indian Society of Renal and Transplantation Pathology and International CME in Renal Pathology
- Prathiba Puraskar 2016, on the eve of Doctor's Day, 2016 in New Delhi, India
- Abdul Kalam Memorial Award (Vaidya Ratna Award) presented by Mr. Rosaiah, former Governor of Tamil Nadu and Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, in Hyderabad, 2016.
- A Chandrashekar, S Ramakrishnan, D Rangarajan. Survival analysis of patients on maintenance hemodialysis. Indian Journal of Nephrology. July 2014;Vol 4:206-213.
- Badrinathan Sridharan, Chandrashekar Annamalai, Shivendra Pratap Singh, Rajesh Nachiappa Ganesh, Pragasam Visvanathan. Role of iron and renal transferrin expression on contrast induced acute kidney injury. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2015;30 (suppl 3):135-136.
- Chandrashekar A, Ramakrishnan S, Dilip R. "Survival analysis of elderly patients on maintenance hemodialysis.â€ The Indian Society of Nephrology, Southern Chapter, 2008, Mysore, India.
- Chandrashekar A, Ramakrishnan S, Dilip R. "New-onset diabetes mellitus after renal transplantation â€“ center experience.â€ The Indian Society of Organ Transplantation Conference, October 2008, Ludhiana, Punjab, India.
- Chandrashekar A, Ramakrishanan S, Dilip R. "CMV infection and renal transplantation â€“ experience at N.U. hospital.â€ The Indian Society of Organ Transplantation Conference, October 2008, Ludhiana, Punjab, India.
- Chandrashekar A, Ramakrishnan S, Dilip R. "Fungal infection and renal transplantation â€“ center experience.â€ The Indian Society of Organ Transplantation Conference, October 2008, Ludhiana, Punjab, India.
- Chandrashekar A, Badrninathan S, Shivendra PS, Rajesh NG, Umesh L, Pragasam V. "Effects of Iohexol in Experimental Wistar Rats.â€ ISNCON 2014, Kolkata, India.
- Chandrashekar A, Badrinathan S, Ashish R, Rajesh NG, Pragasam V. "Renal Hemosiderosis in Contrast-induced Acute Kidney Injury.â€ ISRTPCON 2015, Cochin, India.
- Nephrology Association of Karnataka
- Indian Society of Nephrology
- International Society of Nephrology
How was your experience with Dr.A. Chandra Shekar?
Help other patients, and let the doctor know how he's doing
Most Viewed Nephrologists in Bangalore
MBBS, MD, DNB
37 Years Experiance
MBBS, MD (Med.),DNB
MBBS, MD (Med), DM (Nephro)
MBBS, MD (Med), DNB (Med), DNB (Nephrology)
13 Years Experiance
MBBS, MD, DNB