Dr. Dibya Kumar Baruah, more popularly known as Dr. D.K. Baruah is one of the reputed cardiologists in Vishakapatnam who is working as a consultant interventional cardiologist at he Apollo Hospital there.
He graduated in 1987 from the Assam Medical College in Dibrugarh and then completed his post graduation in General Medicine from the same institute in 1991. He passed his DM in Cardiology from the Christian Medical College, Vellore in 1996.
Dr. Baruah did his Senior Residency in Medicine followed by Senior Residency in Cardiology from JIPMER, Puduchery, formerly Pondicherry. He worked as a Senior Registrar in 1993-1994, and Consultant Cardiologist in 1996-1997 at Christian Medical College, Vellore, which included teaching assignments.
During 1997-1999 Dr. D.K. Baruah took up a position as Consultant Cardiologist at The City Cardiac Research Center at Vijaywada. Later, he became the Consultant Interventional Cardiologist and Director of Cardiac Cath Lab and Invasive Cardiology at Apollo Hospitals, Vishakapatnam.
Dr. D.K. Baruah has a distinguished record.
- FACC: Fellow of American College of Cardiology
- FICC: Fellow of Indian College of Cardiology
- FCAPSC: Fellow, College of Asia-Pacific Society of Cardiology
- FCSI: Fellow of Cardiological Society of Cardiology
- Life Member of Indian College of Cardiology
- Life Member of Indian College of Interventional Cardiology
- Life Member of Cardiological Society of India