Dr Gurpreet Singh is a well known Consultant Cardiologist based in Varanasi, whose has made it his mission to reinvent delivery of cardiological care through modern technology. Dr. Singh was the pioneer in â€œperioperative cardiological careâ€ â€“ monitoring cardiac patients before, through, and after their surgery. He is presently working as Chief Cardiologist-cum-Coordinator at the Hero DMC Heart Institute, Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana.
Dr Gurpreet Singh started his medical career by passing MBBS with Honors, and was adjudged the Second Best Graduate of the University. He later went on to do MD and DM in Cardiology both from PGIMER in the first attempt. He acquired his MRCP (UK) in 1996 while working as a Registrar at the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, U.K., one of the premier cardiology centers in the world.
In recognition of his unique contributions to the delivery of cardiac care in the region, the Royal College of Physician of Edinburgh awarded Dr Gurpreet Singh Fellowship (FRCP Edin) of the college.
Dr Gurpreet Singh has held the following positions during his career:
- Senior Registrar, Geriatrics, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, UK
- Clinical Fellow, Intensive Therapy Unit, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
- Specialist Registrar, Dept of Cardiology, Birmingham Heartlands Hospital, Birmingham, UK
- Specialist Registrar, Dept of Cardiology, Good Hope Hospital NHS Trust, Sutton Coldfield, U.K.
- Consultant, Dept of Cardiology, Good Hope Hospital NHS Trust, Sutton Coldfield, U.K.
In the absence of a cardiac catheterization laboratory at that time in Varanasi, Dr Singh introduced pacing services which are now being routinely carried out by his colleagues and juniors alike. This innovative approach has changed the face of cardiac care in the entire region.
Dr Gurpreet Singh has been actively involved in research and has published a number of papers in Indian and international journals of repute, and a number of his papers have been presented at national and international conferences.