Dr James Thomas is the Senior interventional Cardiologist of Bharath Hospital, Kottayam , Kerala and has been working there for the past 10 years. He is also working as consultant interventional Cardiologist in MMT Hospital, Mundakayam, Kerala.
His areas of expertise include Coronary angioplasty and stenting for Coronary artery disease and Peripheral angioplasty for foot ulcer management. He is actively involved in out patient and in patient management of Coronary Artery disease, Hear Failure, Cardiac Arrhythmias, Preventive Cardiology, Peripheral Arterial Disease, Foot Ulcer, Hypertension etc.
He has more than 10 years of experience in :
- Coronary angiography
- Coronary angioplasty & stenting
- Peripheral angiography and angioplasty
- Complex Coronary Interventions ( Rotablation , Bifurcation angiolplasty , Left Main intervention , Chronic Total Occlusion , Graft intervetnion - Post CABG)
- Primary Angioplasty and stenting for Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Pacemaker implantation
- Adult ASD, PDA closure
- Renal angioplasty and stenting
- Subclavian artery angioplasty
- IVC Filter implantation
He is involved in Foot Ulcer Clinic at Bharath Hospital for Critical Limb ischaemia and is passionate about preventing amputation by Peripheal Angioplasty.