Dr. J.M.K. Murthy is a force that has to be reckoned with in the field of neurology in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad.
Dr. Jagarlapudi Murali Krishna Murthy, more famously known as Dr. J.M.K. Murthy, started his medical career when he passed his MBBS from Andhra University, Vishakapatnam in 1972. This was followed by a Masters in Medicine and his DM from the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh.
Dr. J.MK. Murthy is the Chief of Neurology at Care Hospital, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, who has exceptional expertise and tremendous experience in General Neurology, Critical Care Neurology, and Epilepsy. He has specialized in the treatment of all types of epilepsy.
Dr. Murthy held impressive positions before joining Care Hospital, Hyderabad.
- Asst. Professor, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad (Jul 1979 -Sep 1980)
- Asst. Professor, Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam (Sep 1980 - Apr 1982)
- Asst. Professor, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad (Apr 1982 - Nov 1984)
- Professor, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad (Nov 1984 - Sep 1986)
- Asst. Professor, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad (Sep 1986 - Jun 1989)
- Professor and HOD, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad (Jun 1989 - Oct 2000)
He holds the following affiliations, memberships and fellowships:
- Fellow, American Academy of Neurology
- Fellow of International Medical Science Academy
- Fellow of Indian Academy of Neurology
- Fellow of Indian Academy of Clinical Medicine
- Fellow of Indian College of Physicians
- Fellow of National Academy of Medical Sciences
- Member, National Academy of Medical Sciences
He holds the following awards and recognitions:
- Commonwealth scholarship in Clinical Neurophysiology (1984)
- Tadakora Award of Commission of Asian Oceanian Affairs, International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) (2004)
- Dr Vimala Virmani Medal of National Academy Medical Sciences, New Delhi, (2005)
- Outstanding Referee Award of Journal of Association (2000), Association of Physicians of India
- Founder Editor, Proceedings of Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (1987-88)
- Member, Editorial Board, Neurology India (1990 to date)
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of the Association of Physicians of India (1999 to date)
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Indian Academy of Clinical Medicine (1999 to 2000)
- Member, Editorial Board, Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology (2003 to date)Member, Editorial Board, Critical Care Neurology (2002 to date)
- Member, Editorial Board, Epilepsy India (2002 to date)
- Editor, Neurology India (2009)
- Inspector, DNB Neurosurgery, Trust Hospital, Cochin (1996)
- Inspector, DNB Neurology, Apollo Hospital, Chennai (2000)
- Convener and Examiner for National Boards in Neurology, National Board of Examinations, N Delhi
- Examiner for MCh (Neurosurgery) at several universities
- Examiner for MD (Psychological Medicine) and DPM
- Examiner for Ph D (Medical Sciences)
Dr. J.M.K. Murthy has a number of scientific papers and publications to his credit.