Dr. Kamini A. Rao is one of the well-known In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Infertility specialists not only of the city of Bengaluru, but also the state of Karnataka. She is one of the well-known pioneers in the field of Assisted Reproduction in the country who has helped thousands of couples who were unable to conceive and have a child of their own.
Dr. Kamini A. Rao is the Chairperson of the International Institute for Training and Research in Reproductive Health - a charitable organization that is focused mainly on education, training, and research. She is presently the Medical Director of Milann - The Fertility Center, which was hitherto known as BACC Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
Dr. Kamini Rao has specialized in gynecology and obstetrics (women & pregnancy care), and infertility treatment & assisted reproductive techniques. Her area of special interest is assisted laser hatching, high risk pregnancies, in vitro fertilization (IVF), intrauterine insemination (IUI), intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), in vitro fertilization - embryo transfer (IVF-ET).
Dr. Kamini Rao holds a very distinguished record of achievements. She served as:
- President of the Federation of Obstetrics & Gynecological Societies of India in 2000.
- President of the Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction during 2006-2008.
- Chairperson of the FIGO Women's Sexual & Reproductive Rights Committee - 2008-2009.
- Presently a Member of the National Advisory Committee on Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Presently Member of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- Presently Member of the National Apex Committee for Stem Cell Research and Therapy
- Presently the Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal for Infertility and Fetal Medicine.
Dr. Kamini A. Rao, who holds an illustrious clinical and research career in reproductive medicine specializing in reproductive endocrinology, ovarian physiology, and assisted reproductive technology, has been conferred the esteemed Padma Shri award.