Manjari Chandra has over 20 years of experience as a Clinical Nutritionist and Diet Consultant. She served as a Nutritionist in top hospitals in India and has expanded her horizon to the corporate health sector. She has a great passion for Nutrition Science and has reached new heights in the field of health and nutrition.
Manjari Chandra did her Masterâ€™s degree in Therapeutic Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics. She is also a Certified Sports Nutritionist, Weight Management Specialist, Diabetes Consultant and Educator. She is also qualified in hospital administration.
She is actively involved in both state and national wide symposiums, workshops and conventions on health, food safety, fitness, critical care and public health. She has been a guest speaker and expert panelist at various National Seminars and CMEs (Continuous Medical Education programs). Manjari has conducted various health workshops for big corporate companies like Infosys, Volvo, IBM, ABB, Seimens, Philips, Oberoi Hotels and others. She has also been a speaker at many premium educational institutions across the country.
She is a wellness writer and contributes regularly on wellness for magazines and newspapers, both print and digital media. She writes for magazines such as TOI, Indian Express, The Week, HT, Health and Nutrition, Outlook and many more. She participates as a regular Health Expert on primetime television shows on India Today, MIRROR NOW, NDTV, CNN News 18 and ZEE News.
Manjari is a lifetime member of the Indian Dietetic Association (IDA) and Nutrition Society of India (NSI). She has greatly evolved as a nutritionist and her career path has been both vertical and cross-functional.
Following is a jist of her major roles and responsibilities:
- Consultant Nutritionist at Max Healthcare and Founder of Manjari Wellness.
- Functional Medicine/ Nutrition Consultant at Intelligent Ageing.
- Visiting Advisor for IMAPH and HEAL Foundation.
- Chief Dietitian and Head, Department of Nutrition and Dietetics at Columbia Asia Referral Hospital.
- Senior Dietitian at Manipal Hospital Bangalore.
- Consultant Nutritionist Army Hospital Baroda and Amity International University Manesar.
- Patient consultations and education / therapeutic scheduling of indicated or referred patients and In-patient counselling for Nutrition education - post operative care and preventive medicine have been her areas of work.
- Implementation of National Nutrition Policy and the Nutrition Care Model in line with NABH Standardsâ€“ Care of Patients.
- Conducted interactive sessions on health and wellness for Major Corporate Houses and Public-Sector Organizations.
- Has been instrumental in developing and implementing weight loss programs leading to many successful weight loss stories.
- Conducted workshops on Food Safety and Enteral/Parenteral Nutrition.
- Delivered talks and educated people about healthy lifestyles and good nutrition, relevant to present day scenario.
- Been a guest speaker and expert panelist at National Seminars and Continuous Medical Education programs.
- Associated as an expert with Delhi Half marathon and held workshops for professional runners.