Interventional Radiologist, Bangalore
MBBS, FRCS (Glasgow), FRCR (London)
- 1 Hospital
- Dr. Uthappa is the lead interventional radiologist for the Global Integrated Liver Care Team
- He is the Director of Interventional Radiology and Interventional Oncology at Global Hospitals, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai
- In 2002, he joined the Interventional Radiology team in John Radcliffe and Churchill Hospitals, Oxford, UK
- He was appointed as Consultant at Stoke Mandeville Hospital, UK where he set up a dedicated department of Interventional Radiology, In 2003
- He now has an experience of over 2500 major interventional radiology cases
- He was an advisor for interventional Radiology for NICE, UK from 2007 to 2010
- He has performed over 1800 procedures like Radio Frequency Ablation Surgery, Dialysis Treatment, angioplasty surgery etc
- Languages : English, Hindi, Kannada, Coorgi
Interventional Radiologist, Manipal Hospital, Bangalore
- Liver Cancer
- Percutaneous Ethanol Injection (PEI)
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RF)
- Conventional Transarterial Chemoembolization (CTACE)
- DC Bead Embolisation
- Portal Vein Embolisation
- Radioembolisation (SIRT)
- Undergraduate medical training from Government Medical College, Mysore
- Basic Surgical training followed by Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology training in UK
- One year training in all aspects of Interventional Radiology, Churchill Hospitals, Oxford, UK
Achievements & Contributions
- Dr. Uthappa has an extensive research background with more than 30 publications and scientific articles, numerous abstracts and presentations at various national and international meetings to his credit
- Received Prime Minister of Indiaâ€™s award for being the All India Best Cadet in the National Cadet Corps in 1987.
- Gold medal in final year MBBS, 1993
- Co-author of book â€œQ-BASE Radiology: 1 MCQs for the FRCRâ€ Greenwich medical media publishers, London. First published in 2000.
- Co-author of book â€œQ-BASE Radiology: 2 MCQs for the FRCRâ€Greenwich medical media publishers, London. First published in 2001.
- Co-author of book â€œRadiology Picture Testsâ€ Greenwich medical media publishers, London. First published in 2001.
- Co-author of book â€œRadiology for surgeonsâ€ Greenwich medical media publishers, London. First published in 2002.
- Role of Metallic stents in Palliative care. Uthappa.M.C, S M Ho and P Boardman. The John Radcliffe and Churchill hospitals, OxfordThis paper was published in Volume 11, Number 1, 2003.Progress in Palliative Care
- Balloon Dilatation for Achalasia of the Cardia: a day case procedure. Uthappa.M.C, Uberoi R, Phillip-Hughes J, Boardman P.The John Radcliffe hospital, Oxford.Published in Radiology. 2003Aug; 228(2): 594.
- Changes in blood coagulability as it traverse the ischemic limb. Shankar V.K, Ray Chaudhury.S, Uthappa.M.C, Handa.A and Hands.L.J. Nuffield Department of surgery, John Radcliffe Hospital, OxfordPublished in Journal of Vascular surgery, 2004
- Retrograde or Antegrade Double-Pigtail Stent Placement for Malignant Ureteric Obstruction? Uthappa.M.C, N.C.Cowan. Department of radiology, Churchill Hospital, Oxford.Published in Clinical Radiology, may2005
- Paper published in BJR, Janâ€™00- â€œskin sparing in interventional radiology-the effect of copper filterâ€.
- Poster presentation at the RCR annual meeting Sepâ€™99- â€œskin sparing in interventional cardiology-effect of copper filterâ€.
- Audit project presentation- â€œHCC screening with ultrasound for cirrhosisâ€ at the annual meeting at the Royal society of medicine,London-julyâ€™99.
- Paper presentation at Ultrasoundâ€™99conference in Berlin- â€œEvaluation of HCC screening programme in cirrhosis with ultrasound at St.Maryâ€™s hospitalâ€.
- Case report published in BJU International, Aprâ€™02- â€œNephrographic dilemma-CT confirmation of a venous anomalyâ€.
- Case published in BJR, Febâ€™02- â€œRetrocaval Ureter-MR appearancesâ€. One of the images was selected for the front cover of the same issue.
- Poster presentation at UKRC June 2002 at Birmingham-"3D rotational angiography of renal transplant artery: technique, preliminary results and dose measurementsâ€
- Poster presentation at UKRC June 2002 at Birmingham- â€œ3D rotational angiography of carotid arteries: technique, preliminary results and dose measurementsâ€
- Audit poster presentation at the RCR annual meeting, Sepâ€™02-â€œConsent in interventional radiologyâ€
- Co-author in a chapter with Dr. M. J. Kellett- â€œInterventional Radiology in Malignant Urinary Tract Obstructionâ€ for the text book named Interventional Radiology in cancer, to be edited by A. Adam, R. Dondelinger, P. R. Mueller, Springer-Verlag publishers.
- Paper on a prospective study on Prostate biopsy and local anaesthetic acceptance (combined study from St.Georgeâ€™s and Central Middlesex Hospital).
- Poster presentation at RSNA-2002 â€œA pictorial review of CT features in abdominal tuberculosisâ€
- Poster presentation at RSNA-2002 â€œLook after your lead coat and the lead coat will look after youâ€
- Poster abstract sent to ECR-2003 â€œA pictorial atlas of retrograde ureteropyelographyâ€
- Paper on â€œEnhanced Carotid Duplex for Confirmation of Occlusions and Sub-Occlusionsâ€24. Co-author of paper presentation at BSIR meeting, 2008 UK
- Karanataka Medical Council
- India and General Medical Council, UK
How was your experience with Dr.M.C. Uthappa?
Help other patients, and let the doctor know how he's doing
Most Viewed Interventional Radiologists in Bangalore
MBBS, MD (AIIMS), DNB, F-VIR (CANADA)
17 Years Experiance
21 Years Experiance
MBBS, DMRD, DNB, PDCC
DMRD, MD (Radiology)