Dr. Mohana Vamsy is one of the top surgical oncologists of Hyderabad who has earned a name and fame for himself within a very short span of time. He is the Chief Surgical oncologist and the founder of the Omega Hospital, which he started in July 2010.
Dr. Mohana Vamsy who was a brilliant student throughout his academic life earned many accolades. He finished his medical schooling from one of the most reputed medical schools in India - the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondichery. He also mastered in General Surgery from the same institute. Even from his student days, Dr. Vamsy had a deep passion to find a cure for pain, and therefore went on to do a MCh in Surgical Oncology from The Cancer Institute at Adyar in Chennai.
Dr. Mohana Vamsy was also awarded the Diplomate of National Board (DNB) in Surgery from the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi. He obtained his FRCS from the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh. He did his Diploma in Laparoscopic Surgery from the University of Strasbourg.
His medical career:
- Senior Resident in Surgery at JIPMER, Pondichery from May 1990 to February 1991
- Registrar in Surgical Oncology, Cancer Institute, Adyar, Chennai from March 1991 to March 1993
- Reader in Surgical Oncology, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, April 1993 to August 1994
- Asst Prof of Surgical Oncology, Govt. MNJ Institute of Oncology, Hyderabad, August 1994 to August 1999
- Head, Department of Surgical Oncology, Apollo Hospitals, August 1999 to June 2002
- Director and Chief Surgical Oncologist, Indo-American Cancer Institute & Research Centre, Hyderabad, from August 2002 to June 2010
- Chief Surgical Oncologist, Omega Hospital, July 2010 till date
Dr. Mohana Vamsy specializes in the following:
- Surgical Oncology
- Gyneac Oncology
- Clinical Oncology
- Laparoscopic Oncology
Dr. Vamsy and his team of oncologists at Omega Hospital, Road No. 12, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, are regarded as visionary advocates. They are innovative and steadfast in their approach towards their goal of informing, empowering, and treating patients affected by cancer and providing them with the latest and the most advanced cancer care treatment in India.