Adult Psychiatrist, Bagalkot
MBBS, MD (Psychiatry) (NIMHANS)
- 14 Years Experience
- 1 Hospital
- 1 Private Practice
- Languages : Kannada, Hindi, English
Consultant Neuro-Psychiatrist, Kerudi Hospital & Research Centre, Bagalkot June, 2012 - Present
Resident, NIMHANS, Bengaluru, Bengaluru May, 2009 - April, 2012
Consultant Psychiatrist, Gadag Scan Centre, Gadag July, 2012 - Present
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Doctor is expert in handling Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, OCD, Anxiety and Dpression, Alcohol and drug Addictions, marital & Sexual problems & Child and adolescent problems.
- Our Hospital has facilities for procedures like Electro-convulsive Therapy, Sleep Therapy, Aversion Therapy and Sex therapy.
MBBS, 2007, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum
MD, 2012, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bangalore
Halamma Kerudi Hospital & Research Centre, Bagalkot
Near Railway Station, Extension Area, Bagalkot, Karnataka - 587101
MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI, SAT
01:00 PM - 03:00 PM & 06:00 PM - 08:00 PM
Private Practice Information
Gadag Scan Centre
Masari, Near Chetana Canteen, Gadag, Karnataka - 582101
10:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Achievements & Contributions
- Resource person for a One Day Workshop under IQAC on Exam Stress Management conducted in Government First Grade College in March-2015, Navanagar, Bagalkot.
- Conducted Public Awareness Programme on Stress Management on the occasion of World Heart Day organised in Bagalkot Cement Factory on 29th September-2015
- Felicitated by Tahasildar, BEO & Ashadeep NGO at Mudhol on World Disability Day Programme for the community mental health service on 5th December 2015.
- Delivered Speech on occasion of Awareness Programme on Prevention of Farmersâ€™ Suicide held in Bagalkot on 23rd July-2015
- Felicitated for Academic Excellence by Chairman and Members of BVV Sangha, Bagalkot on 12th March 2016
- TV Program: Invited as Guest for Live Telecast for an episode â€œShaitan vs Sainikaâ€ in Suvarna News (Kannada) on 5th May 2017
- Radio Program: Invited for All India Radio Programme on topic â€œGeriatric Psychiatric Problemsâ€ on 17th August 2017 by AIR Hosapete.
- Spoke on Exam Stress Management in "Vijayi-Bhava" Programme organised by VijayaKarnataka group on March 11, 2018, at Bagalkot.
- Rao NP, Mutalik NR, Kasal V, Venkatasubramanian G, Behere RV, Varambally S, Gangadhar BN. Monocyte abnormality in catatonia: revisiting the immune theory of catatonia. Journal of Electroconvulsive therapy 2011; 27(3): e53-54. (Impact factor â€“ 1.33)
- Rao NP, Kasal V, Mutalik NR, Behere RV, Venkatasubramanian G, Varambally S, Gangadhar BN. Has "kahlbaum syndrome" disappeared or is it underdiagnosed? -Reexamining the nosology of catatonia. Journal of Electro Convulsive Therapy J ECT. 2012 Mar;28(1):62-3 (Impact factor â€“ 1.33).
- Mutalik NR, Sreeraj VS. Evidence based management of bipolar depression. Ann Med 2015:2 Suppl. 11-28.
- Rohan Kalra, Narayan R Mutalik, Sreeraj VS, Vinod A, Bhaskar Mara, S B Choudhari, Govind S Bhogale. Atypical Charles Bonnet Syndrome-A Case Report. Medica Innovatica 2016 Jun;5(1):41-42.
- N Mutalik*, S Moni, S Choudhari, G Bhogale. Depression, anxiety and stress in college students in Bagalkot-A college based study. International Journal of Indian psychology 2016;3(4) No.68:185-92.
- R Kalra, N Mutalik*, A Vinod, S Moni, S Choudhari, G Bhogale. Perceived Stress and Coping Profile of Undergraduate Medical Students: A Cross Sectional Study. International Journal of Indian Psychology 2016; 4(1) No.69:56-63.
- Mutalik NR*, Tejaswi TP, Shankar Moni, G S Bhogale. A cross-sectional comparative study on perception of medical, dental and nursing undergraduate students about mental illness. Journal of Medical Sciences and Clinical Research 2016;4(12):15022-40.
- Jayalaxmi G, S B Choudhari, Narayan R Mutalik, Govind S Bhogale. Perception about women and attitude towards a rape victim-a cross sectional study. Medica Innovatica 2016;5(2) Dec:22-27.
- Narayan R Mutalik*, Pramod S Bhise. Schizophrenia and Retinitis pigmentosa-A Case Report. Telangana Journal of Psychiatry 2016;2(2):99-101.
- Rohan Kalra, Govind S Bhogale, Narayan R Mutalik*, Vinod A. Psychiatric morbidity in End stage renal disease patients on haemodialysis-A Cross Sectional Study. Psychiatry and Mental Health 2017;1(1):5-12.
- Gowri S, Moni S, Mutalik N R*. Gender differences in Locus of Control and Sensation Seeking Among Late Adolescents - A college based cross sectional study. Psychiatry and Mental Health 2017;1(1):13-18.
- Mutalik NR*, Khushboo D, S B Choudhari. â€œPathways to Psychiatric Care â€“ A Hospital Based studyâ€. Journal of Medical Sciences and Clinical Research 2017;5(4):16022-40.
- Shriniwas Choudhari, Rajshri, Sushma Inamdar, Narayan Mutalik, Vinod Akasalli, Bhaskar Mara. A study of co-morbid depression and anxiety in pre-menstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) among undergraduate medical students: a descriptive study. Medica Innovatica 2017;6(1):13-18.
- Shriniwas Choudhari, Amole Patange, Bhaskar Mara, Narayan Mutalik, Vinod A, Rohan Chaudhari. Fractional protein study in chronic schizophrenics â€“ A Case control study. Medica Innovatica 2017;6(1):30-34.
- International Travel Award for Young Scientist by the Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi, Government of India for presenting research paper in XVI World Congress of Psychiatry 2014, Madrid, Spain
- WFSBP Educational Travel Award for presenting research paper in 12th World Congress on Biological Psychiatry 2015, Athens, Greece.
- Award of Academic Excellence by BVV Sanghaâ€™s Chairman Shri Veeranna Charanthimath, in 2016 at Bagalkot.
- WFSBP Young Investigator Award in 13th World Congress on Biological Psychiatry 2017, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- International Travel Award for Young Scientist by Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi, Government of India for participating and presenting research paper in 13th World Congress on Biological Psychiatry 2017, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Young Fellowship Award for presenting research paper in World Congress of Psychiatry 2017 held in October 2017 at Berlin, Germany.
- â€œGenetic Influences on Multivariate Cognitive Endophenotypes of Positive Symptom Schizophreniaâ€ in 12th World Congress on Biological Psychiatry, June 2015, Athens, Greece.
- Symposium on Schizo-Obsessive Subtype of Schizophrenia-Diagnostic Validity, Clinical, Neurobiological and Treatment Aspects in WPA Regional Congress, held in September 2015 at Kochi.
- â€œAssociation of COMT Polymorphism with Neuropsychological and Information Processing Deficits in Schizophreniaâ€ in XVI World Congress of Psychiatry held in Madrid, Spain in September 2014.
- â€œEffect of COMT Gene Polymorphisms on Threat Perception in Schizophrenia and Healthy Adultsâ€ in International Congress on Schizophrenia Research held in Orlando, Florida, USA in April 2013
- Plenary Speaker on â€œRecent Advances in Psychiatry-Depressionâ€ in KANCIPS 2016 September, Mysuru, India
- Co-chairperson and Speaker in Symposium- â€œNeurobiology of Schizo-obsessive disorderâ€ in World Congress on Biological Psychiatry, held in June 2017, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- â€œAssessment of Prevalence and Determinants of Internet Addiction Among Professional College Students-A Cross Sectional Studyâ€ in World Congress of Psychiatry held in October 2017 at Berlin, Germany.
- Speaker in Symposium â€œSunshine into Sunlight-Vitamin D in Psychiatric Disordersâ€ at 3rd Global Conference in Biological Psychiatry, held in August 2018 at Mumbai, India.
- Speaker in Symposium title â€œRecent advances in Cannabis use disordersâ€ on topic â€œNeurobiology of Cannabis-Induced Psychosisâ€ in 14th World Congress of Biological Psychiatry, held in June 2019, Vancouver, Canada.
- Speaker on â€œDiabetes and Depressionâ€ during Diacon-2019 held on 29th December, 2019 at Vijayapura, Karnataka.
- Symposium Speaker on â€œTips and Traps for a budding psychiatristâ€ at ANCIPS 2020, held in January 2020 at Kolkata, India.
- Fellow of Indian Psychiatric Society
- Life Member of Indian Association of Biological Psychiatry
- Lifetime Member of Indian Medical Association
- Fellow of World Association of Psycho-social Rehabilitation
- Life Member of Indian Association of Geriatric Mental Health
- Life Member of Indian Association of Private Psychiatry
- Executive Committee Member of Indian Psychiatric Society-Karnataka Chapter (2016-18)
- Hon. Treasurer of Indian Psychiatric Society-Karnataka Chapter (2019-21)
How was your experience with Dr.N.R. Mutalik?
Help other patients, and let the doctor know how he's doing