Moles are unwanted growths on the skin. Moles are very commonly found in people within the age group of up to 40 as it grows in cluster till this age. Many people have found having 10 to 40 moles. Though moles are seen as beauty spot but most of the times it affects the appearance and becomes a source of discomfort and uneasiness if grown in large number.
Some facts regarding these moles are
· Moles are usually pink, tan or brown in color with round or oval shape.
· Some of the moles are found to be cancerous in nature.
· In older age moles tend to fade away.
· Moles can be flat or raised and can grow larger and sometimes can change in color or outline as well.
· People with fair skin are often tending to have more moles in comparison to the people with darker skin.
· The temperature and the environment where you were brought up may also make a difference in the number of moles as if you have spent a lot of time in the sun, you may get lots of small moles on your body.
Most of the moles do not have any dangerous impact on you but there are certain moles which can cause serious and aggressive form of skin cancer. ‘Dr. Purnima Mhatre’- internationally trained cosmetic dermatologist recommends monitoring moles and noticing changes in a mole's color, height, size, or shape to evaluate it in detecting skin cancer.