Dr. Ramesh Ramayya is one of the prominent urologists of Hyderabad who has pioneered many new procedures like Laser Lithotripsy, PCNL, Laparoscopy, URS, and Laser Prostate Surgery.
Dr Ramesh Ramayya completed his medical schooling from the Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad and then went to the United Kingdom to pursue his higher education in surgery and urology. He obtained his Fellowship in Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons of England and Edinburgh. He then specialized in Urology and EndoUrology at the University of Liverpool and from where he obtained his Masters.
On his return to India in 1986, he joined the Ramayya Pramila Hospital that had its origin in 1970, established by Dr. G.P. Ramayya and Smt.Pramila Devi Ramayya, and dedicated to the cure of urological ailments.
He modernized the equipment and made it one of the best centers for urology in the country. He now heads a team of dedicated urologists that aims at delivering the finest urological services. Today, Ramayya Pramila Hospital maintains its position among the finest hospitals that is exclusively providing uro-care of the highest standards. Dr. Ramesh Ramayya has a number of achievements to his credit:
- FRCS from Royal College of Surgeons, London
- FRCS from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- M.Ch from University of Liverpool
- LRCP from Royal College of Physicians, London
- MRCS from Royal College of Surgeons, London
- Full Registration by General Medical Council of the United Kingdom
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of England and Edinburgh
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Member of British Association of Urological Surgeons
- Member of Urological Society of India
- Member of World Endourology Society