Dr. Rashid H Merchant
MBBS, DCH, MD (Pediatrician)
Pediatrics, B.J. Wadia Hospital for Children, Mumbai April, 1998 - March, 2001
Pediatrician, Balabhai Nanavati Hospital, Mumbai March, 1981 - Present
- Primary Immune Deficiencies
Achievements & Contributions
- Merchant, R., et al., Type Ãâ€ Hyper IgM Syndrome with Novel Mutation from India. Indian journal of pediatrics, 2013.
- Merchant, R. and M. Lala, Common clinical problems in children living with HIV/AIDS: systemic approach. Indian journal of pediatrics, 2012. 79(11): p. 1506-1513.
- Merchant, R., et al., Efficacy and safety of deferasirox for reducing total body and cardiac iron in thalassemia. Indian pediatrics, 2012. 49(4): p. 281-285.
- Merchant, R., J. Ahmed, and N. Ahmad, XDR TB in a Case of IL12RÃŽÂ²1 Deficiency: A Case Report of Mendelian Susceptibility to Mycobacterial Disease from India. Indian journal of pediatrics, 2012.
- Merchant, R., Editorial: the clinical features of HIV and methods to prevent its transmission. Indian journal of pediatrics, 2012. 79(11): p. 1489-1490.
- Lala, M. and R. Merchant, Vertical transmission of HIV-an update. Indian journal of pediatrics, 2012. 77(11): p. 1270-1276.
- Lala, M. and R. Merchant, Prevention on parent to child transmission of HIV - what is new? Indian journal of pediatrics, 2012. 79(11): p. 1491-1500.
- Merchant, R., A. Shirodkar, and J. Ahmed, Evaluation of growth, puberty and endocrine dysfunctions in relation to iron overload in multi transfused Indian thalassemia patients. Indian journal of pediatrics, 2011. 78(6): p. 679-683.
- Merchant, R., et al., Evaluation of cardiac iron load by cardiac magnetic resonance in thalassemia. Indian pediatrics, 2011. 48(9): p. 697-701.
- Merchant, R., et al., Evaluation of osteopathy in thalassemia by bone mineral densitometry and biochemical indices. Indian journal of pediatrics, 2010. 77(9): p. 987-991.
- Merchant, R., et al., L-carnitine in beta thalassemia. Indian pediatrics, 2010. 47(2): p. 165-167.
- Lala, M. and R. Merchant, Vertical transmission of HIV-an update. Indian journal of pediatrics, 2010. 77(11): p. 1270-1276.
- Italia, K., et al., Effect of hydroxyurea on the transfusion requirements in patients with severe HbE-beta-thalassaemia: a genotypic and phenotypic study. Journal of clinical pathology, 2010. 63(2): p. 147-150.
- Seth Jamnadas Berry Gold Medal - 1st in Pharmacology - 2nd M.B.B.S.- Mumbai Univ
- J.C. Lisboa Gold Medal - 1st in Surgery - 3rd M.B.B.S.- Mumbai Univ
- Dr. A.L. Nair Medal in Medicine
- Dr. F.P. Soonawala Gold Medal
- Dr. Parabâ€™s Memorial Prize
- Dr. T.C.F. Gold Medal (Awarded from T.N. Medical)
- Dr. D.B. Pandya Prize (College, B.Y.L. Nair Hospital)
- Dr. H.A. Maniar Prize (Mumbai)
- Edited and Authored a Textbook â€œPediatric and Perinatal HIVâ€ -2012 Director - Perinatal/ Neonatal Program, Wadia Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
- Member IAP (Indian Academy of Pediatrics)
- Member NNF (National Neonatology Forum)
- Member ISOPARB (Indian Society of Perinatology and Reproductive Biology)
- Member ASI (AIDS Society of India)
- Member FIT (Federation of Indian Thalassemics)
- Member IMA (Indian Medical Association)
How was your experience with Dr. Rashid H Merchant?
Help other patients, and let the doctor know how he's doing
Most Viewed Pediatricians in Mumbai
MBBS, MS(Gen.surg), Mch(Ped.surg), Mphil(Hosp.management), PGDMLS (Medicolegal systems)
29 Years Experiance
MBBS, MD, DNB
22 Years Experiance
11 Years Experiance