Dr. S. Ayyappan is one of the prominent oncologists of Chennai who has acquired a name in the field of oncology in Tamil Nadu.
Dr. S. Ayyappan studied at the Madras Medical College and specialized in surgery from the reputed Adyar Cancer Institute in 1996. He did his M.Ch. Surgical Oncology from the Dr. Muthulakshmi College of Oncological Sciences as well as from the Cancer Institute (W.I.A.) Adyar, Chennai. He earned an excellent reputation as a Surgical Oncologist, and he has been involved with cancer and cancer care since a long time in Chennai and the surrounding areas.
In 2007, Dr. S. Ayyappan started the Madras Cancer Care Foundation with the sole aim of extending comprehensive high quality cancer care to the needy people who were unable to afford the high cost of cancer treatment. He has gained recognition in the field of cancer treatment, and his devotion and commitment have earned him the 'Best Doctor' award in the field of cancer from the Tamil Nadu Medical University in 2013.
Dr. S. Ayyappan is the
- Director, Madras Cancer Care Foundation
- Founder Trustee of Cancer Research and Relief Trust
- Founder Trustee of Cancare Foundation
- President, Chennai Chapter of Oncologists
Dr. S. Ayyappan has membership with the
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncologists
- Chennai City Oncologist Society
- Fellow of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
He also heads the DNB Surgical oncology education program at Apollo Hospitals, and he regularly participates in most of the National and International Cancer Conferences.