I am glad to introduce Dr.Sachin Marda, our Consultant in Surgical Oncologyn at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad.
- Regarding his academic career, he has following credentials in the long list -
- M.Ch Surgical Oncology â€“ 2 Gold medals in July 2009
- DNB (MNAMS) â€“Surgical Oncology in April 2010
- MRCS Edinburgh, UK in Nov 2006
- DNB (MNAMS)- General Surgery in Nov 2005
- M.S.General Surgery â€“ 3 Gold medals in Mumbai University in Jan 2005.
- Ethicon Fellowship in GI and Laparoscopic Surgery .Mumbai Jan 2006
- B-BRAUN Medical Trust Foundation Scholarship in 2004.
- MBBS-3rd Rank in Dec 2000
- After completing his MS and MCh, he has worked at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai - the most prestigious cancer institute of India and in the world
He has gained good experience in
- Gastro Intestinal surgical procedures -Upper GI,
- Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary, and Colorectal cancers with sphincter saving stapler anastomosis.
- Head & Neck cancers - Organ preservation surgeries with reconstruction.
- Breast cancer - Breast Conservative
- Surgeries and Chemotherapy port placements.
- Gynaecological & Urological cancers
- Limb salvage surgeries Thoraco-laparoscopic procedures
He has also published various papers in national and international journals and delivered guest lectures in local, national & international forums. He has done research on neo adjuvant chemotherapy in locally advanced oral cancers, Gastro Intestinal Stromal Tumours (GIST),Quality of life in rectal cancer etc.
He thinks that field of Oncology is always fascinating and challenging. Fortunately he have been in the upper ranks throughout his academic career and could opt the field and specialize in the same.
He believes in a comprehensive, compassionate and complete cancer care with holistic approach. He tries to deliver the best possible services to all his patients from diagnosis to treatment. He also creates public health awareness regarding cancer screening and healthy living.
He is a teacher and guide for DNB Surgical Oncology, National Board of Examination, New Delhi. He is highly interested in academic lectures, tumor board meetings. His philosophy is to pass the best of his knowledge and
skills to the next generation oncologists and to train them as better cancer
specialists for the tomorrowâ€™s world.
He is actively involved in social and networking organizations like Lions club, Mahesh Foundation etc . He also runs Mahesh Palliative Cancer Care Centre in association with Mahesh Foundation at Hyderabad.
Particularly noteworthy about Dr Sachin is his humane behavior and empathy towards his patients. I remain sure that his safe and mature pair of hands along with his academic brilliance is the secret behind excellent journey in the field of surgical oncology.