Dr. Sheela Namboothiri
Pediatric Genetics Specialist, Kochi
MBBS, DCH, Dip NB (Paed), MSc
- Consultant at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi
- Children with genetic & chromosomal problems
- Children with neurodevelopmental regression
- Parents of children with genetic problems who wish to have another baby
- Children with skeletal dysplasias
- MBBS, DCH, Dip NB (Paed), MSc Medical Genetics (Glasgow)
Achievements & Contributions
- Awardee of Commonwealth Scholarship- 2004-2005 for MSc. Medical Genetics, University of Glasgow
- Reviewer of two International journals - Pediatrics International & Journal of Pediatrics Infectious Diseases
- Attended 13th International Maple Syrup Urine Disease symposium in Ohio, USA in June 15 -17th 2006
- Presented Grand rounds in Children's Hospital, New Orleans, USA on June 21st 2005.
- First prize for free paper presentation at Pedicon South 1999 at Calicut, on November 14th 1999.
- Coordinator for National Neonatology forum Quiz in Neonatology for Postgraduates at Kochi, 2002.
- First prize for free paper presentation at International Pediatric Neurology Conference at Trivandrum, on April 7th 2002.
- Winner of 6th Practicing Pediatricians quiz at State round at Cochin, on October 6th 2002.
- Winner of 6th Practicing Pediatricians quiz at South Zone round at Kottayam, on October 19th 2002.
- First Prize at Final round of 6th Practicing Pediatricians quiz at National level at Mumbai, on Pedicon 2003 at January 5th 2003
- Sheela SR. Cornelia De Lange Syndrome: Discordance in twins. Indian Pediatr 1999; 36: 1267-1270.
- Sheela SR, Kattakkayam MM, Borappa K. An unusual case of Lightning injury. Indian Pediatr 2000; 37: 802 - 803.
- Sheela SR. Myotonia Congenita: Response to Carbamazepine. Indian Pediatr 2000; 37: 1122- 1125.
- Sheela SR. Narcotic poisoning in an infant. Indian J Practical Pediatr 2000; 2(27): 185-186.
- Sheela SR. Lightning injury. In: Santhosh kumar A. Manual of pediatric practice. 1st ed. Hyderabad: Paras Publishing; 2001.p 101 -102.
- Sheela SR, Mani PJ. Opsoclonus myoclonus syndrome: Response to Plasmapheresis. Indian Pediatr 2004; 41:499-502.
- Sheela SR, Latha M, Susy JI. Griscelli syndrome. Indian pediatr 2004; 41:944-947.
- Sheela.S.R, Ajai P,Thomas G.Acrodysostosis: Autosomal Dominant Transmission.Indian Pediatr 2005; 42:822-826.
- Sheela AR, Kaler SG, Liu P, Lem K, Latha M.Copper Replacement Treatment
- For Symptomatic Menkes Disease: Ethical Considerations.Clin Genet 2005:68:278-283.
- Life member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics from January 1st 1995.
- Life member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Kerala State branch.
- Life member of Hematology Oncology Chapter of Indian Academy of Pediatrics from April 19th 1999.
How was your experience with Dr. Sheela Namboothiri?
Help other patients, and let the doctor know how she's doing