Dr. Suresh H Advani, Medical Oncologist, Mumbai
Dr. Suresh H Advani is one of the India’s most famous and the leading oncologists who won Padma Bhushan, in 2012. He recently won Rashtriya Krantiveer Award (2014). Dr. Advani is the recipient of Dr.BC Roy National Award by Medical Council (2005), Lifetime Achievement in Oncology by Harvard Medical International (2005), Padma Shri by Govt of India (2002), and the prestigious “Dhanvantari Award” for his outstanding contributions to medicine (2002). Dr Suresh Advani is a senior consultant at Breach Candy Hospital, Hiranandini Hospital, and Jaslok Hospital and Medical Research Institute, Mumbai.
Dr. Suresh Advani is a chief investigator for acute Lymphoblastic leukemia project supported by National Cancer Institute Washington and chronic Lymphatic project supported by Department of science and Technology. Dr Suresh is known to be the first oncologist in India to have successfully done a bone-marrow transplant.He transplanted bone marrow into a nine-year-old girl down with myeloid leukemia, from her brother. He was also part of clinical trials to help children with lymphoblastic leukemia, conducted on 1200 patients. The trials helped to raise success rates in treatments from 20% to 70%. Dr Advani has been involved with about 500 national and international publications.
- Experience :42 Year(s) of Experience
- Languages :
- MBBS (Medical Surgery) from Bombay University in 1969
- MD (General Medicine) from Bombay University in 1973
- International Cancer Research Technology Transfer (ICRETT) by the International Union Against Cancer and visited the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Centre, Seattle, Washington, USA to have experience in the bone marrow transplantation procedure and medical oncology (1981)
- Fellowship of Yamagiwa-Yoshida Memorial International Cancer Study Grant of the International Union Against Cancer (UICC), (1986)
Hill Side Avenue, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400076
Your participation in the survey will help other patients make informed decisions. You will also be helping Dr. Suresh H Advani and his staff know how they are doing and how they can improve their services.
How was your experience with Dr. Suresh H Advani?
Achievements & Contributions
- Recipient of Rashtriyra Krantiveer Award, Ujjain (2014)
- Recipient of the Padma Bhushan award by Government of India (2012)
- Awarded Nazli Gad-el-Mawla Award by The International Network for Cancer Treatment and Research (2005)
- Recipient of the prestigious Dr. BC Roy National Award by Medical Council of India (2005)
- Awarded Lifetime Achievement in Oncology by Harvard Medical International (2005)
- Recipient of the prestigious “PADMASHRI” by Government of India (2002)
- Recipient of the prestigious “Dhanvantari Award” for outstanding contributions to medicine (2002)
- Dr. Advani has been involved with about 500 national and international publications. He has played an important role in establishing DM Medical Oncology (Mumbai university). Also recognized MScand Ph.D Guide in Applied Biology
- Member of Editorial Board of Journal of Association of Physicians of India (API)
- Member of Editorial Board of Pediatric Haematology oncology
- Member of Editorial Board of Cancer, Research Therapy and Control. (G & B Editorial Services, Inc)
- Member of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation
- Member of Indian Cancer Registry
- Has authored many scientific publications in national and international journals
- Has participated in workshops, seminars and key conferences in India and aborad