Abdominal Abscess is a packet filled with pus in the abdominal region. Abscess can form behind the abdominal cavity, below the diaphragm or in the middle of the abdomen, they may also form near organs such as liver, pancreas and kidneys.
Individuals who have medical history of appendicitis, diverticulitis, perforated ulcer disease or any surgery that may have infected the abdominal cavity can have added risk with Abdominal Abscess.
Some of the symptoms of abdominal Cancer
- Feeling abdominal discomfort and pain
- Low appetite and weight loss.
- Fever and Nausea.
Additional symptoms depending on location of abdominal abscess
- Having pain on the left side of the abdomen (Liver Abscess)
- Severe lower back pain (worsens with hip movement)
- Abdominal stress due to diarrhea (Pelvic Abscess)
- Acute or dull pain in Abscess area
When should you consult a doctor?
Consult a physician when you are having frequent Fever, Nausea, severe abdominal pain, vomiting.Read more »
MS (General Surgery), FNB-MAS, FMBS(Taiwan)
- 9 Years Experience
- 1 Hospital
MBBS, MS General Surgery
- 18 Years Experience
- 3 Hospitals
- 1 Private Practice