The Asian Heart Institute, located in Mumbai, is one of the world-class cardiac care hospitals in the country that offers high quality services. The Institute, which is the brainchild of Dr. Ramakanta Panda - one of the leading cardiac specialists in Mumbai - has been set up with an aim to provide top-class cardiac care in India.
The Asian Heart Institute, which is located at the Bandra-Kurla Complex in the western suburb of the city was established in the year 2002, has treated more than 2,40,000 people and has completed over 33,000 angiographies and more than 20,000 heart surgeries till the year 2014. AHI, as the Institute is popularly known as, has an astounding success rate of 99.3% in bypass surgeries and 99.83% in overall cardiac surgeries, which is among the highest in the world. These incredible figures speak of the extraordinary achievement of the Institute.
The Asian Heart Institute has secured the country's highest accreditation by:
- JCI (Joint Commission International)
- NIAHO (National Integrated Accreditation for Healthcare Organizations)
- ISO (International Organization for Standardization)
It has also been ranked by JCI as the No.1 among its participating hospitals by the world's premier healthcare accreditation agency.
Here are some of the other achievements of the Institute:
- The Institute has been rated as India’s Best Private Cardiac Hospital in 2014 by the Times of India Group hosted Health Care Achiever's Awards.
- It has won India's Best Private Cardiac Care award hosted by The WEEK-Hansa Research consecutively for two years.
- It has been ranked amongst the top 10 World's Best Hospitals for Medical Tourists by Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQUA).
- It has also been adjudged one of the top 5 cardiac hospitals in India.