4 Min Read
The first vaccine was created back in 1796 by a physician from England by the name Edward Jenner. This is according to data that can be obtained from the Harvard Medical School. He first created the vaccine for smallpox. From this year, many vaccines have been created. The courses of the different diseases have been alternated by use of these vaccines. However, the use of vaccines does not come without pros and cons especially for those that are made for the vaccination of children. This gives parents a hectic time when it comes to deciding whether to vaccinate their young ones or not. This article will look at the children vaccine pros and cons.
Child Vaccines Pros
The advantages of administering vaccines to children are numerous and they include
1. They Save Children From Death-Causing Conditions
The vaccination of children against all kinds of diseases has seen many of their lives being saved. From studies conducted over the years, children vaccination has seen the prevention of more than 50,000 deaths in a single year. The use of vaccines has seen the reduction of children deaths all over the world. On top of all this, many of the conditions which lead to the deaths of the young ones have completely been eliminated from existence, for example, Smallpox.
2. They Keep The Children Healthy
The past years death-causing conditions that were so rampant have been handled and prevented well thanks to these children vaccines. From studies, almost 20 million new cases of the infectious ailments are prevented by administering these vaccines to the children. It is highly recommended that every parent should take their young ones for vaccinations as early as possible to stop the probability of them being affected by any of the conditions. In few words, vaccines reduce the susceptibility of the children to these ailments. Parents will be happy to see their children healthy always thanks to the vaccines being administered to them.
3. Children Vaccines Are Highly Recommended By The Doctors
Anything that a doctor suggests to their patients is definitely without a doubt safe to use or follow. In this case, doctors always advise the parents to ensure that that they take their children for vaccinations. The doctors having been trained as professional health caregivers and have a vast knowledge of childhood vaccines, it will always be a good thing which is wise too to follow their suggestions always.
4. They Give The Children Much Sought After Protection
The main aim for administering the vaccines to the children is to ensure that they are fully safeguarded from all kinds of ailments that tend to attack the young ones. Even if, a given type of ailment attacks the children, the probability of it spreading throughout the children populations is minimized by these vaccines. Vaccinating the children ensures that, a majority of them are not contaminated by any disease even if there is an outbreak. A large proportion of the children population is saved from dying.
5. Children Vaccines Ensure That They Are Protected For A Lifetime
Once the full vaccination dosage or schedule is followed, the children have lifetime protection from any kind of vaccinated condition. It is an insurance against contracting of diseases by the vaccinated children. This is extended from their young lives stages to their adult lives too.
Child Vaccines Cons
The pros will never exist exclusively without the cons too in this life. The children vaccines come with some disadvantages too which make parents have a second thought when it comes to their children having to get some
- The Vaccines Given To The Children Are Accompanied By Some Risks - Although the chances are slim, some children once vaccinated suffer from some bad reaction. This is due to the fact that the vaccines have contents that may cause allergies to the children. The reactions may at times lead to death, for example, the life-threatening reaction known as anaphylaxis.
- Some Vaccines Contain Some Alarming Chemicals in Them - Some of these chemicals used to make the childhood vaccines are not good for the body. It becomes more complicated in that it has not been clear over the years of administration of vaccines to children what the true pro-longed side effects are. The chemicals may include formaldehyde, aluminum, and thimerosal.
- It Is A Mandatory Thing To Get Each and Every Child Vaccinated - In a way, folks who are against the contents of these vaccines see it as a violation of their rights to choose. It even becomes an issue when most of the schools have to demand to be shown proof that the children have been vaccinated before attending school. This causes friction between different groups some of which end up as court battles.
- Some of These Vaccines Are No Longer Important / Necessary - The diseases for which the vaccines are given to the children have since been wiped out of the country ages ago. Some have even been reduced to levels that are no longer any risk to the health of the young ones.
Child vaccines schedule includes the 6-in-1 vaccines at 8, 12, and 16 weeks of age for those born as from 1st August 2017, given for diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio, and hepatitis B. Jab or PCV to protect pneumococcal infection which is given at 8 weeks, 16 weeks through to one year. Others include the Rotavirus vaccine, Men B vaccine, Hib/Men C vaccine, MMR vaccine, Childrenâ€™s flu vaccine, 4-in-1 pre-school booster, for the girls HPV vaccine, 3-in-1 teenage booster, chickenpox vaccine, and more.
The list of children vaccines in India include Hepatitis B vaccine, Rotavirus (RV) vaccine, Diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis (DTaP) vaccines, Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) conjugate vaccine, Pneumococcal vaccines, Inactivated Poliovirus Vaccine (IPV), Influenza vaccines, Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine.
From the pros that outweigh the cons, it is a good thing and which is highly recommended by health practitioners for every parent to take their child for vaccination. This will ensure that the future generations are saved by the children vaccines for they guarantee protection for the entire lives of the children.