Dr. Navneet Kumar is the Principal and Dean at GSVM medical college in Kanpur, INDIA. He is a clinical neurologist with special interest in teaching neurology. He has over 25 years of teaching experience in government medical college.
Dr. Navneet Kumar has special interest in Epilepsy which is very common neurological disease that afflicts about 60 million people all over the world. His primary goal in life is to create awareness and knowledge of neurological illnesses among people which will bring down the incidence of neurological illnesses and eventually will also cut down the cost of treatment. According to him, about 40% of neurology patients take loans, sell their property or use their lifetime savings to survive.
He has authored several books and booklets on neurological diseases.
1. Booklets on Stroke, Alzeimer disease, Migraine, Epilepsy and Parkinson's Disease
2. Epilepsy - An Overview for General Physicians (1997)
3. Neurology Update (2003)
4. Medicine Update (2003-04)
5. Current Trends in Medicine (2005-06)
6. Neurology Update (2007)
7. Epilepsy – An Easy Guide To Causes, Diagnosis And Cure (2008)
8. Text book of Neurology (2010)