Dr. Subir Gangopadhyay is one of the well known doctors of Kolkata who is renowned for his experience and expertise in the field of Radiation Oncology.
Dr. Gangopadhay is presently the Prof. & Head of the Radiotherapy Department at the N.R.S. Medical College, Kolkata, which comes under the Dept. of Health, Govt. of West Bengal. He is also working as a faculty at the Bengal Oncology Centre in Kolkata.
Dr. Subir Gangopadhyay started his medical career by doing his M.B.B.S from the Calcutta University in 1975. He, then went on to do his Diploma in Medical Radiology Technology (D.M.R.T.) in 1982 from the Calcutta University, followed by an M.D. in Radiotherapy in 1986 from the same university. Dr. Gangopadhay has more than 20 years teaching experience in the field of Radiation Oncology and a number of years experience as the Head of the Department in different Government medical colleges
Dr. Gangopadhyay has published a number of papers, articles, and treatises in the national and international journals, apart from many articles and write-ups in different local press and magazines. He has also been a Postgraduate Teacher, Examiner, and Thesis Guide to many of the students at:
- University of Health Services, West Bengal
- Patna University, Bihar
- Imphal University, Manipur
- Cuttack University, Orissa
Dr. Subir Gangopadhyay has been associated with the following positions:
- Ex State Secretary, Indian Medical Association (IMA), Bengal
- Ex State President, Indian Medical Association (IMA), Bengal
- Ex Member, Central Working Committee, IMA, HQ
- Ex Associate Editor, Journal of Indian Medical Association (JIMA)
- Ex Secretary, Association of Radiation Oncologists, Bengal State Chapter
- Ex Central Executive Member, Association of Radiation Oncologists of India