About Orthopedic Surgery
Orthopedic surgery or orthopedics (also spelled orthopaedic surgery and orthopaedics) is the branch of surgery concerned with conditions involving the musculoskeletal system. Orthopedic surgeons use both surgical and nonsurgical means to treat musculoskeletal trauma, sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors, and congenital disorders.
Surgical procedures used in the treatment of orthopedics include Amputation, Arthroscopic surgeries, Bunionectomy and hammer toe repair, Cartilage repair or resurfacing procedures, Cartilage surgery to knee, Fracture care, Joint replacement (arthroplasty), Ligament reconstructions, Repair of torn ligaments and tendons, Spine surgery, including diskectomy, foraminotomy, laminectomy, and spinal fusion.
Newer orthopedic procedures include minimally invasive surgery techniques, advanced external fixation, and the use of bone graft substitutes and bone-fusing protein.
Orthopedic Surgery related Specialists in Erode
- Bone Marrow Transplant Specialists
- Orthopedician and Traumatologists
- Spine Surgeons
- Sports Medicine Specialists
- Accident & Emergency Specialists
- Spine Related Disorder Specialists
- Sports Injury Specialists
- Musculoskeletal Disorder Specialists
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- Pediatric Orthopedicians
- Knee Surgeons
- Hip Replacement Surgeons
- Joint Replacement Surgeons
- Spine and Joint Replacement Surgeons
- Trauma Surgeons
- Orthopedic Oncologists
- Arthroscopy Specialists
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeons