4 Min Read
Having a runny nose is something very common, and something that almost everyone will experience at least once in their lifetime. But even though it is common, it does not make it less uncomfortable. There could be many reasons why one would be experiencing a runny nose. The most likely reason is a common cold, but it could also be due to hay fever, or even an allergic reaction to something else.
There are many ways that you can stop a runny nose, such as in this how to stop a runny nose with 15 easy home remedies. You can also take a look at the 5 steps below on how to get rid of a runny nose naturally.
1. Make Sure To Always Be Hydrated - Everyone already knows the importance of being hydrated. But this should be taken seriously especially when you are sick and you have a runny nose. Make sure that you always drink plenty of fluids. Most especially if you have nasal congestion and you are having a hard time getting rid of the mucus. When you are hydrated and always drink plenty of fluids. The mucus becomes runny and it is easier to expel.
2. Have A Hot Drink - While staying hydrated is one of the most important steps you can take to recover from a runny nose. Another thing that can help is to consume hot drinks such as tea. Again, this is helpful if you airways are congested. The heat and steam will greatly help. You can even look for products that actually mild decongestants for better results if you are already having a hard time to breathe through your nose because of nasal congestion.
3. Use Steam To Reduce It - You can use steam by either making use of a facial or a hot shower. For the facial steam, heat water until it can create a steam. You do not need to wait until it boils. Then you can pour it on a bowl or the like and for the next 20-30 minutes, place your face above the steam. There are some who also add essentials oils to the hot water such as eucalyptus and peppermint. These are also natural decongestant so they can greatly help. When doing the facial steam, make sure that you take a break and move away from the steam when it gets too hot. If you do not like the idea of putting your face above steam for half an hour, a hot shower can give you a quick relief and help make your runny nose more comfortable to bear.
4. Use Pressure and Massage Your Face - For some quick relief from a runny nose, press down on the corner of your nose ten times. This is a pressure point that can help with sinus congestion and make you more comfortable.
5. Get Enough Sleep - When you are sick, even with something as simple as a common cold, your body will need to rest. Getting enough sleep is very important. It is during sleep that your body repairs itself so that it can fully function to its full capacity. It's important that you don't just get enough hours, but you that you have a restful sleep as well.