Pulmonary medicine focuses on the diagnosis and management of disorders of the respiratory system, including the airway, lungs, and the respiratory muscles. Although most common respiratory ailments are treated by general internists and other specialists, Pulmonologists are often called upon to help diagnose and assist in managing unusual, or complicated diseases of the respiratory system. Diseases commonly evaluated and treated by pulmonologists in Mumbai include ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome), Asthma, Chronic Cough, COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), Emphysema, Tuberculosis, Bronchitis, Lung Cancer, Pulmonary Hypertension, and Cystic Fibrosis
Pulmonologists frequently oversee medical intensive care units in hospitals since they have expertise in respiratory failure and complex interventions such as mechanical ventilation. As this role involves care of critically ill patients, training in pulmonary medicine is often associated with training in critical care medicine. This dual training uniquely qualifies critical care pulmonologists to work in intensive care units.
Research and Choose the best Pulmonologist in Mumbai:
Looking for a top pulmonologist in Mumbai? Pulmonologists in Mumbai have expertise with emerging technologies and offers patients the best possible comprehensive pulmonary care. At sehat you can research our comprehensive list of pulmonology specialists in Mumbai, with information regarding doctors's credentials, appointment phone numbers, timings, expertise, years in practice, past and present experience, awards, patient satisfaction, involvement in research, paper presentations, and more. The experienced lung specialists in Mumbai provides excellent pulmonary care and helps you breathe and sleep easier.
After choosing the right pulmonologist profile, please click on 'call for appointment' for appointment phone numbers. If we have missed any lung specialist in Mumbai, please add the doctor or request the doctor to sign up for free so he can reach more patients. If you need personal assistance to find the best pulmonologist in Mumbai, please submit the form on the right hand side and we will be more than happy to assist you.
What common procedures do lung specialists perform?
Pulmonologists perform several tests and procedures to help diagnose and treat a lung-related disease. This can include a:
- CT scan to get detailed images of the bones, muscles, fat organs, and blood vessels in your chest
- Chest ultrasound to examine the organs and other chest structures
- Bronchoscopy to see through your airway and diagnose any issues in your trachea, lower airways, throat, or larynx
- PFT (pulmonary function test) to see how well your lungs are functioning
- Chest fluoroscopy to see how well your lungs are working
- Thoracentesis to remove excess fluid around your lungs to help you breathe better
- Pulse oximetry test to determine the oxygen saturation level in your blood
- Lobectomy to remove one of the lobes of your lungs
- Pleural biopsy to remove a small tissue sample from the pleura, which is the membrane that surrounds your lungs
- Transplantation to remove the diseased lung and replace it with a healthy lung
- Sleep study to diagnose sleep disorders, such as sleep apnea
Pulmonologists specialize in diseases of the respiratory system such as asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, pneumonia, sleep disorders and disorders of the lungs.
Pulmonology related Specialists in india
- Allergy Specialists
- Chest Physicians
- Endoscopic, Head & Neck Surgeons
- ENT Surgeons
- ENT and Head & Neck Surgeons
- Pediatric ENT Specialists
- Respiratory Medicine Specialists
- Sleep Medicine Specialists
- Speech Therapists
- Audiologist and Speech Therapists
- Allergy Specialists
- Respiratory Allergic Diseases Specialists