Questions to Ask an Endocrinologist
Are you visiting an endocrinologist for the first time? Are you concerned about what type of questions you should ask? Well, it is not so tough to come up with important questions regarding the condition you have been diagnosed with. Remember that you need to have a deep understanding of your condition so you should not hesitate to ask any questions or clear doubts about hypothyroidism and the treatment that you require.
Important Questions to Ask an Endocrinologist
To have an understanding of the results of tests conducted and gain information on your condition, there are certain important questions that you need to ask your endocrinologist. Here are some of the critical questions that you should note down to ask your doctor during your appointment:
- What is considered a normal TSH range at your doctor’s laboratory?
- What is the TSH level that he recommends for you?
- What type of thyroid hormone replacement has your doctor prescribed for you?
- When can your TSH level return to normal with the dosage that has been prescribed for you by your endocrinologist?
- How often will you have to get a TSH test done until it becomes normal and you feel well again?
- After you have regained the normal range, how often will you be required to come in for a TSH test to ensure that there are no changes in your dosage requirements?
- What are the best ways to get in touch with your endocrinologist between appointments if you have any questions? Will he or she personally return the call or will a staff member do it?
- Does your doctor have an e-mail address that is used to correspond with patients?
- Is there a possibility that you may need more tests or other forms of treatment in the future?
- Are there any specific foods that should be added to your diet or avoided?