Questions to Ask Your Doctor Before You Have a Coronary Bypass Surgery
- Why is coronary bypass surgery the best treatment for me? Are there any alternate options?
- What preapartion should i do prior to the surgery? Are there any tests that I should undergo?
- What can I do to prepare for the surgery so that I have a successful operation and recovery?
- Will I receive a stent?
- Will my arteries get blocked again?
- How long will I be in the hospital and intensive care unit(ICU)?
- How long will it take for complete recovery? How long will it take to start my normal daily activities?
- How long should i take medication after coronary bypass surgery?
- DO i need to go to a cardiac rehabilitation program?
- Do i need to make any lifestyle changes? Do you have concerns about any complications?
Above are few questions that you must ask and be aware of, if you or your loved one is going to have a coronary artery bypass surgery.