8 Min Read
During our lifetime, we have had either stomach pain or back pain. Stomach pain is discomfort felt by an individual on the trunk below the ribs and above the pelvis, while back pain is the pain felt by an individual on their back it can mild or even severe. Sometimes an individual can have both stomach and back at the same time. When this happens the individual daily activity may be affected to the point of not being able to go to work. If the pain reaches to this degree of affecting the individual comfort, it is advised that the individual should visit the hospital to get tested.
What Causes Stomach and Back Pain at The Same Time?
Having both stomach and back pain at the same time can be frustrating. When the pain occurs at the same time, it should be taken as a coincidence; there are some medical conditions that cause both symptoms. If an individual happens to have those symptoms she or he should visit the medical doctor soonest possible. Some of the causes of this pain includes:
Inflammation of the pancreas has been proved to cause upper abdomen pain and also back pain. Some of the symptoms of pancreatitis are vomiting or nausea. The pain caused by pancreatitis tends to reduce when an individual leans forward and increase when individual coughs.
Acute pancreatitis is caused by a gallstone and also alcohol take has been proved to cause it. If an individual is suspended to have this condition blood is drawn for further testing.
The back and right lower stomach pain by maybe caused by appendicitis.
Having kidney stones can cause pain that starts from the back and travels to the abdomen. The kidney with the stone will cause the pain on one side; the pain is based on the kidney with the stones.
Some of the symptoms of kidney stones apart from the pain in the back and stomach include vomiting and blood in the urine. Individual suspended to have kidney stones requires an urgent ultrasound scan, if confirmed the patient should be operated to remove the stones.
This is an inflammation of the kidney. It has the same symptoms as that of kidney stones only that the pain is less when compared to kidney stones. This condition is mostly caused by bacterial that start from the bladder and moves to the kidney. This condition can be simply be treated by the intravenous antibiotic.
These are sore on the wall of the stomach or small intestines. This condition can cause burning feeling on the stomach and back pain.
Some of the symptoms of peptic ulcers include nausea and vomiting as well as having a black bowel movement. It caused by bacteria known as Helicobacter.The condition can be treated by the use of medications but on a serious case, surgery may be required if there is bleeding.
Gallstones are hard deposits found in the gallbladder. Formation of gallstone can cause this pain. It is not known exactly what causes the gallstone but some theory says that having too much bilirubin and cholesterol in the bile can cause the gallstone to form. The symptoms of this ailment right upper stomach pain.
This is an inflammation of the gallbladder. This condition causes upper stomach pain which extends to the back. The pain is more severe on the right side where the gallbladder is located. The ailment is characterized with severe and sharp pain when taking a deep breath; the pain can be accompanied by vomiting or nausea.
Symptoms of Stomach and Back pain at the Same Time
The symptoms depend purely on the causes of the pain. Any abdominal or back pain should not be ignored.One should seek medical attention if he experiences these signs:
- High fever for long period
- Vomiting blood
- Severe back and abdominal pain the same pain
- Low blood pressure
- Blood in the urine
When to See A Doctor for Stomach and Back pain
If the pain persists for a long time without easing it can mean there is a more serious underlying problem. One should see the doctor immediately:
- If the pain is unbearable
- If an individual has a severe ailment for example liver failure
- If the pain is accompanied by bleeding from the rectum
- If the pain is accompanied by fever
- If the pain gets worse
How to get rid of stomach and back pain
Withstanding pains on both stomach and back can quite be challenging but knowing the cause of the pain is the easiest way of easing down the pain. A different method can be used to treat pain but only if the cause is known. Some of the methods which can be used include:
- Medications, for example, an intravenous antibiotic if had been diagnosed with pyelonephritis
- Surgery, for example, to get rid of gallstones
- Regular physical exercise
- Changing of diet among other ways
Home Remedies for Stomach and Back Pain
There is a various home remedy that an individual can follow to reduce either pain the lower or and upper stomach and also back. The home remedy will only work best if the condition is not severe as some require medical attention. Some of the strategies that might help to reduce the pain include:
- Taking over the counter pain relievers
- Drinking plenty of water
- Deep breathing
- Mixing a teaspoon of magnesium powder to warm water, it helps to relieve pain caused by gallbladder stones.
- Limiting the consumption of alcohol, this will reduce the irritation of the lining of the stomach which will eventually reduce inflammation and bleeding.
- Getting enough sleep, this allows the immune system to relax hence countering stress.
- Apple cider vinegar, dissolve two tablespoons on warm water containing apple cider water it can relieve the pain brought about by the gallbladder.
- Drinking parsley juice, this juice is rich in nutrients that help to increase the frequency and amount of urination. This helps to get rid of bacteria in the kidney faster.
- Applying heat pad on the affected area, this should be done at least for 20 minutes at a time.
Having stomach and back pain at the same time can be very uncomfortable. It is advisable if one has these pain should visit her or his physician. The pain may be a sign of more serious ailment which may be fatal if not treated immediately for example flu which have sign like stomach and back pain.