Top Ten Interesting Facts on Antioxidants
Antioxidants are shield for our body. They protect us from the harmful diseases like cancers, aging etc. they are very important in human life. Antioxidant helps to keep all the parts of the body fit and normal. Due to the free radicals you might suffer fro health issues but having a good diet rich in antioxidants and regular exercise will keep you healthy.
- Cell destruction caused by the free radicals is prevented by Antioxidants. The electrons and other molecules are taken away and damaged by the free radicals which are unstable. And this causes to have many diseases.
- Do you know how antioxidants put effort to prevent diseases? The free radicals are provided with electrons that are donated by Antioxidants and this helps to prevent free radicals from attacking other cells and causing diseases.
- To be young is almost everyone’s wish and desire, there are so many products in the market claiming to help you rejuvenate and helping to get the youthful look but it is possible with all the products. The most important thing is the healthy body. Antioxidants have a major sharer in anti-aging and it helps to keep you young and youthful.
- The diseases like cancer are so hazardous and are life threatening at times it will be better to keep yourself protected rather than suffering to get cured. Antioxidants are like a shield and they protect you against heart disease, cancer, ageing and other diseases.
- Human body has the ability to produce antioxidant enzymes by itself which along with the antioxidants from the food work to protect you.
- Human beings are the species who have the gift to live a long life. The defense system of the antioxidants is the prime reason for humans to have longer life than any other living being.
- The age related macular getting degenerated and cataract can be decreased with Vitamin E as it is one of the powerful antioxidant commonly found in nuts, fortified cereals and sweet potatoes.
- Lycopene which is a powerful antioxidant which helps to keep dangerous disease at bay can be found in tomato, watermelons, pink-grapefruits, apricots and pink-guavas. Drinking two glasses of tomato juice a day will suffice the lycopene requirement.
- The simplest way to get fit and lead a healthy life is with simple food and no diet consultation is required for it. You can find the best food in your kitchen which is spices. Among all the foods spices are the ones which have high rate of antioxidant content.
- Smoking is definitely a reason for most of the people to have cancer. For people who smoke the lung cancer risk is high as the beta-carotene intake is high. Prostate cancer and stroke risk may increase with increase in vitamin E intake.
Cells that are protected from oxidation are due to the molecule called antioxidant. All the antioxidants don’t work in the same way. If you have at least five servings of fruits and vegetables a day you will be healthy.