6 Min Read
A group of widened veins that can be seen through the surface of the skin. Their wheel-and- spoke shape resembles a spider.
Here are many things that can appear on your legs that make them less attractive. Many of them are preventable and treatable. There are ways to get spider vein treatment to give your legs a younger look.
These unattractive blue ones are blood vessels that have dilated over time by pressure that is put on them. They are similar to varicose veins, but are smaller, and are usually located around the knee, but can be anywhere. It is very common and is believed that around eighty-four percent or people have them, mostly on their right legs. They do not typically cause any medical problems, but can be corrected if you do not want them anymore.
No one really knows why some people get it and others do not, but research has shown that they may be genetic. It is also believed that if you spend a lot of time on your feet, you are more prone to get them. If you have recurrent swelling, heavy, and tired legs, you may be a good candidate for spider vein treatment.
What Are The Causes Spider Veins?
If you sometimes avoid showing your legs because you have spider veins â€” those small clusters of red, blue or purple veins that appear on the thighs, calves and ankles â€” you are not alone.
It is estimated that at least half of all women are bothered by this common cosmetic problem.
A Number Of Factors May Contribute To The Development Of Spider Veins in The Legs, Including:
- Hormonal shifts
- Weight gain
- Occupations or activities that require prolonged sitting or standing
In some women, spider veins become noticeable in their early 20s. For others, the veins may not become obvious until they reach their 40s.
Men get spider veins, too. However, usually they are concealed by hair growth on the leg.
If you would like to eliminate your spider veins and improve your appearance, consulting a plastic surgeon may help.
5 Tips to Avoid Spider Veins
- Avoid crossing your legs : When you fold your lower limbs all over each other, you cut off blood flow and increase pressure.
- Stick with flats : The pressure from heels also affects the blood flow between your legs and heart. So walk easier and keep that circulation going by wearing flats.
- Maintain a healthy body weight : When your body gets too heavy for your frame, your circulation goes into overload to get its job done. The extra work put in can stress veins all over your body, causing them to grow brighter and more visibly obvious.
- Try not to stand still for too long : Although a lot of you Lovelies have jobs and schedules that require you to do walk a lot. Try some exercises when no oneâ€™s looking or even just alternate folding your knee behind you every so often.
- Exercise on a regular schedule : Even if it gets much as walking to your bust station, gym or getting out one train station before yours and walking home can really make a difference in your circulation. Try it!