6 Min Read
Often many suffer from the throat blisters. Knowing about the ailment in detail helps one to prevent it and cure it.
- Throat blisters are painful inflammations that occur on the soft mucous membranes, which are the lining on the throatâ€™s insides
- When the blisters break open, pus is sent out, this results in severe pain in the throat and can also cause mouth ulcers
- The symptoms are fever, sore throat and other sickness symptoms are also found in the people affected by the throat blisters
- The causes of the throat blisters are cold, flu, viral infections, a few inflammatory diseases and other medical conditions.
- The doctors examine the blisters to identify the cause for the outbreak of the throat blisters
The treatment for throat blister is given based on the cause:
- If viral infections, cold, flu, chicken pox are the reasons for the throat blisters, then the medical treatment focuses only on the pain relief
- When herpes simplex virus is involved, the antiviral drugs are prescribed by the doctors
- Strep throat is the very common bacterial cause for throat blisters, antibiotics are given to the patients in such cases
- An yeast infection called oral thrush can also lead to throat infections and blisters, anti fungal medications are given to the patients when such cases are diagnosed
Medications For Throat Blisters:
Many try to take common pain relievers for the throat blisters; this is to be avoided, as these medications may worsen the situation. You can instead try the medicated mouthwashes and oral sprays to get relief. While a few can be got over the counter, a few medications and sprays require the prescription of a doctor.
There are time tested home remedies for many of the illness. There are home remedies for this case too:
- Consume hot soup or tea. This soothes the throat
- Use an air humidifier in the room you stay or sleep. Dry air can worsen the situation
- Gargle frequently with a solution of regular salt with 250 ml of water. Gargling with warm water gives better result.
- Rest yourself from strain and grab a dayâ€™s leave from work
- Stay away from cold water and ice-creams and avoid consuming anything cold.
How to Avoid:
You can avoid throat blisters and reduce the chances of getting infected through various ways:
- Keep away from all the viral and the bacterial infections.
- Keep your hands clean. Clean the hands with soap, water and disinfectant to keep it hygienic.
- Avoid contact with people who have sore throat, cold and flu