Why You Should Get Up Early?
Are you an early riser or are you one of those people who deeply resent being dragged out of the bed a bit early? Are you one of those persons who have a great aversion for looking at the rising sun?
How do you like the idea of getting up a shade earlier? People who are used to sleep late may not fancy the idea too much as it deprives them of the extra sleep. Usually, these people find it difficult to make dowith their quota of sleep as they go to bed late, and they have a tendency of pressing the snooze button on their alarm to steal another 10 minutes of bliss.
All of us are well aware of the health risks associated with lack of sleep - risk of diabetes, thyroid, obesity, and cardiac problems - to name a few. Many doctors and health experts insist that all of us should get a minimum of 8-9 hours of undisturbed sleep. But, unfortunately, it is found that most of us are barely able to manage about 5-6 hours of sleep.
The tendency to stay up late - for work, recreation, surfing the net, or to connect with the social media - is the primary reason for many of these late-risers not to be able to get up early. The advantages of being an early riser are many. Not convinced? Let's tell you all the advantages of early rising and why you should make it a habit to get up early.
Why you should be an early riser?
- Tremendous Start: Getting up early can give your day a tremendous start. You can get a rare sight of the rising sun and enjoy the wonderful colors of nature that you do not normally get to see.And that can get you going.You feel you have a head start and you can get a lot of work done quicker.
- Lesser distractions: Early morning is a great time to get your work done without any disturbance - no phone calls and no callers. Once you get used to it you simply cannot resist the peace and tranquility of the mornings.
- More Willpower: It has been found out that people who start the day early have more willpower to get the work done than others who start later in the day.
- Breakfast: Getting up early gives you the chance to have a leisurely breakfast that you would normally have on the run, or skip it altogether. You can even find the time to read the newspaper or a book while you sip a cup of steaming coffee. Eating a breakfast is a surer way to a healthy lifestyle.
- Exercise: You will have the time to catch up on your exercises. Or,nothing better than going for a walk or jogging on a beautiful morning.
- Commute: You will discover the pleasure of driving to office on unbelievably empty roads that you never knew was possible.
- Sleep: Try going to bed a little early and enjoy the luxury of sleeping for an hour or two more. You are sure to get up refreshed and relaxed. That's a wonderful start to a day!
- The right start: Getting up early sets the right note for a long day ahead. You can startthe day on a positive note.
How to become an early riser?
If you want to wake up early every day, you will have to make some significant changes to your lifestyle.Here are a few tips to help you overcome your initial hurdles.
- Do not make any drastic changes at one go. Take it up slowly by getting up 15-30 minutes earlier than your usual time. When you get used to this, you can cut back another 15-30 minutes. You will find this comfortable and will not feel the strain.
- Try going to bed a little earlier. Initially, this may be a bit difficult as you may be used to nocturnal activities of surfing the net, watching movies, or TV programs. But, once you get accustomed to this pattern, yourhead will start nodding at sleep-time.
- Try putting your alarm clock as far away from you as possible where you cannot pat your clock and go back to sleep. If you have to get up to put off the alarm, you may find it difficult to go back to sleep again. Once you are up, go straight to the bathroom and freshen up before you succumb to the urge of going back to sleep.
- Motivate yourself to get up. Keep an important assignment for the mornings that will force you to get up - taking your pet for a walk or dropping your kid off at school or college.
Cultivate the habit of waking up early and you will start appreciating the finer things of nature. You will develop a better perspective of life and you will find a lot of things around you to make you happy. Irritation and flying off the handle at the mere drop of a pin will soon be a thing of the past. You will soon see a different and better you - trust us!