Dr. B. Bhaskar Rao, who is one of the well known figures in the field of cardiology, is the Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of the Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Secunderabad, more popularly known by its acronym - KIMS.
Dr. Bhaskar Rao finished his medical schooling from the Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada, in 1981, followed by MS from the Madras Medical College, Chennai, in 1984. He then undertook his DNB in CT Surgery from the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, in 1987.
Dr. Bhaskar Rao, who has more than 10,000 cardiothoracic surgeries to his credit, has been working as a Consultant Cardiothoracic surgeon for more than 27 years.
A brief look at his career:
- Consultant Cardio Thoracic Surgeon at Nizamâ€™s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad from 1987 to 1991
- Consultant Cardio Thoracic Surgeon at Medwin Hospitals, Hyderabad, from 1991 to 1996
- Chief Cardio Thoracic Surgeon at Mahaveer Hospitals, Hyderabad, from 1996 to 2003
- He was responsible for establishing the 150 bedded Bollineni Hospital at Nellore in 2001
- He was also responsible for starting a 50 bedded Bollineni Heart Center at Rajahmundry
- Chief Cardio Thoracic Surgeon at Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Secunderabad from 2004 to date. The institute was conceived, designed, and established by him.