The Missionary Sisters Servants of the Holy Spirit is a congregation founded by St. Arnold Janssen in 1889, with the assistance of Sisters Maria Helena Stollenwerk and Josepha Hendrina Stenmanns. From a humble origin in a remote village in Steyl, Holland the Order has now branched out to over 46 countries with around 3,700 Sisters of 40 nationalities forming a network of over 400 communities. The first group of 4 sisters arrived in India in 1933. Seeing the health condition of the people Sr. Carmelann Mckee promptly set up a dispensary, in Mumbai in 1964. Down the years, the mission continued to expand and the number of ministries grew.