3 Min Read
What Is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus is an infectious disease caused in your nose that affects the upper respiratory tract or the lower respiratory tract. Irrespective of "is the corona airborne or droplet", the virus spreads very easily, when an infected person sneezes or coughs, droplets from their mouth or nose fall on a healthy person, they will also get infected with the virus.
The Main Symptoms
- The infected person notices a high fever.
- He regularly gets coughs.
- He does not notice any smell or taste
- He observes breathing difficulty
- He gets body pain
This virus can lead to pneumonia, liver problems, and even death. When a healthy person notices the above symptoms, they should immediately contact their doctor. If the symptoms are mild, the doctor advises quarantine at home, and treatment is given to the infected at home, by the doctor. If an infected person is having symptoms that are worst, they should be admitted to the hospital. In some cases, oxygen is provided to the infected person. We observe that people who are suffering from other diseases like cancer, senior citizens, and respiratory problems experience the worst symptoms. As they have less immunity to fight against viruses.
Some of the worse symptoms include;
- Pain in chest
- Breathing problem
- Neurological symptoms etc.
Modes Of Transmission Of Coronavirus?
The answer to the most curious question that is Corona airborne or droplet is that there are 2 types of transmissions, they are;
Droplet transmission occurs when a person is very close (within 1meter) to a covid-19 infected person. If the infected person coughs or sneezes, there is a risk of the droplets falling on the healthy person infecting the healthy person too. Droplets can be of different sizes i.e., <5 ?m in diameter, they can remain in the air for longer periods of time. The virus may also spread when a healthy person directly contacts the surfaces or objects used by an infected person.
Airborne diseases are caused by tiny pathogens in the air, when someone breathes that infected air virus enters the body and the infected person also spreads the disease through sneezing and coughing.
They can be bacteria, fungi, or viruses, they all transmitted through airborne contact. This virus travels a distance of one meter. There are some incidents to prove coronavirus is airborne.
Airborne transmission occurs when a healthy person and an infected person stays in the adjacent rooms in a hotel, the virus travels in the air and infects the person in the adjacent room.
Airborne transmission occurs when an infected person is present in the function hall. The virus travels in the air and infects other persons present in the function.
According to laboratory experiments, the virus stays in the air for 3 hours. Transmission of the virus is more in indoor areas rather than outdoor areas.
Is Coronavirus Airborne Or Droplet?
According to scientists, there is less proof to prove that the virus spreads through the air. But there are more pieces of evidence to say that the virus spreads by air. There is evidence that the virus spreads through droplets.
Precautions To Be Taken
Prevention is always better than cure for any type of disease. It’s always better to avoid the ways that lead to the infection. Here are few precautions to be taken so as to stay safe and stay away from being infected with the virus;
- Healthy persons and also infected people should wash their hands every one hour with soap or hand sanitizer.
- Infected people and healthy people should maintain 6 feet distance from one person to another person.
- Both infected and healthy people should always wear a mask when they go out of the house.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, mouth when you go out, use sanitizer to clean your hands.
- Both infected and healthy people should stay at home to protect themselves from viruses.
- Avoid going out of the house or any kind of gatherings thus not giving a chance to get in touch with the virus.
- Drink warm water and also have fresh and moderately hot food.
- Avoid frozen food as much as possible.
- Wash masks regularly after use and avoid using the same mask repeatedly without washing.
Irrespective of is corona airborne or droplet, taking healthy and hygienic food and avoiding stepping out of the house to the most possible are the best ways to avoid the spread of the disease.