5 Min Read
The whole world is facing the storm of COVID-19. Globally, the pandemic had already taken 41.6 lives. India lost about 4.21 lakh people due to COVID-19.
To ensure the safety of people, people should have access to detailed and updated information about COVID-19. The reliable information about the COVID-19 helps to discover ways to deal with this disastrous condition.
What Is Covid-19?
The coronavirus is a new strain of virus that has links to the family of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). It was first identified in Wuhan, China in 2019. The virus can spread through direct contact with contaminated respiratory droplets of the infected person.
Researchers still learn new facts about COVID-19 every day. Studies suggest that a new virus can also affect children. People of all ages can transmit the virus through infected droplets.
List Of Trusted Sites For Covid-19 Information
1. Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
CDC is a governmental organisation of the USA that provides all necessary information about security threats & it increases health safety in the nation. CDC can be your one place to go for getting all about COVID-19.
- Surveillance and Data of total new cases recovered cases and total deaths of COVID-19.
- Data of total vaccinated people.
- Information about new vaccination guidelines.
- Information and guidelines for the safety of healthcare workers
2. World Health Organization (WHO)
The world health organization is an agency that is associated with public health all over the world. The efforts of WHO expands worldwide to minimize health issues. WHO covers all the updates of COVID-19 and also guides the world to minimize the effect of the dreaded virus.
- Provide technical guidance to different countries
- Introduce new studies and researches
- Work on vaccines, treatments and tests
- Analyse the situations and provide their updates
- Provide cybersecurity and verification of any new update to avoid misinformation online.
3. Johns Hopkins University and Medicine
John Hopkins University and medicine had formed a Coronavirus Research Centre (CRC). It provides the best possible analysis of the pandemic situation. It continuously updates worldwide cases of coronavirus and expert guidance. CRC collects and provides data on hospitalization and vaccines to help a maximum number of people and healthcare professionals.
- It displays the vaccination data of various countries.
- Provides information about the U.S and International vaccination efforts.
- Impact of different policies established in different regions of the world.
An open-source project providing pathogen genome data. It provides powerful analytics of publicly available data. Also, provide visualization to tools that are used for the community. Nextstrain helps to get epidemiology understanding and improves the response to the outbreak.
- Provide analysis and situation reports of SARS-CoV-2 genome on a global and continent level.
- Introduce genomic analysis of specific pathogens, such as SARS-CoV2, seasonal influenza, dengue, zika, mumps, West African Ebola, measles, West Nile virus.
5. Indian Council of Medical and Research (ICMR)
ICMR is an apex body of India situated in New Delhi. ICMR is among the oldest medical research bodies of the world that promote formulation and coordination and in biomedical research. ICMR addresses the increasing demand for scientific advancements in biomedical research.
- It provides the status of the collection of samples for COVID-19 Testing
- Displays vaccination portal.
- Provide many research papers and journals to update the advancements adaptation in the pandemic condition.
UNICEF is the United Nations International Children's, Emergency Fund. It is created for the children and mothers who had been devastated in several countries due to World War II. UNICEF defends the rights of children in over 190 countries and territories.
- Provide every possible information helpful for children during a pandemic.
- Instruct the guidelines to support children through reopening of lockdown.
- Fulfil potential needs of children from childhood through adolescence.
- Provide food in an emergency condition.
CIDRAP stands for Centre for Infectious Disease Research and Policy that addresses the response of emerging infections. It provides the latest research and information in the healthcare domain.
- Provide every day updates and a surge of COVID-19 cases.
- Address the information about infectious diseases.
- Spread awareness through various ongoing programs and strategies.
- Organize podcasts and webinars to spread preventive measures of COVID-19.
Elsevier had formed a Novel Coronavirus Information Centre and platform for researchers and healthcare professionals that help in accessing authentic information about scientific advancements.
- Provide free access to coronavirus articles.
- Provide free health and medical tools and clinical guidance.
- Give information about COVID-19 collaborations.
To manage the pandemic on an individual and society level, it is necessary to have proper and reliable information. Several organizations are trusted worldwide that provide authentic information to limit the impact of any infectious disease. These organizations release guidelines from time to time to keep you safe from any adverse health effects. Following the instructions given by them can be beneficial for many lives.