Apple Cider Vinegar Douche For Yeast Infection
Yeast Infection is a common issue amongst women these days due to the change in eating habits and lifestyle that they follow. Most of the women are likely to experience the problem of Yeast Infection once in a lifetime. Under most circumstances, such infections are easy to treat while sometimes, it can lead to unbearable pain and agitation.
There is always the presence of a small amount of yeast in the vagina. A fungus known as Candida Albicans exists in harmony with your immune system and other normal vaginal microorganisms. However, when something affects this balance, the yeast can increase rapidly and becomes dense enough to cause the symptoms of a full-blown infection.
Apple cider vinegar is considered as a magical cure for health problems like dandruff to yeast infections. The recommended treatments are apple cider vinegar douche for yeast infection and apple cider vinegar bath for yeast infection. Continue reading more to know how to use apple cider vinegar douche for yeast infection.
What Causes A Yeast Infection?
Having antibiotics is one of the most common reasons behind yeast infections as it vanishes the vaginal bacteria and disrupts the balance of power among the vaginal microorganisms. It happens due to the hormonal imbalance that takes place in women. Yeast Infection is also common in women with compromised immune systems due to health problems like diabetes, AIDS, or cancer. Other symptoms that can lead to overgrowth of yeast and weaken your immune system are anxiety levels, lack of sleep, alcohol intake, and refined sugar.
Signs And Symptoms Of Yeast Infection
- severe vaginal itching and irritation in the vagina and Vulva
- A burning sensation
- Redness and swelling of the vulva
- Vaginal pain and soreness
- Vaginal rash
- Thick white vaginal discharge with a cottage cheese appearance
Apple Cider Vinegar Douche For Yeast Infection
Popular yeast remedies are apple cider vinegar baths, apple cider vinegar douche, and even soaking a tampon in apple cider vinegar and inserting it. Some people feel that soaking in an apple cider vinegar bath offers relief. It can help restore the normal acidity to the vagina. An apple cider vinegar bath is not the same as douching, which aims to flush out all the good and bad bacteria from the vagina. By doing so, it leaves you more prone to a recurrence of the yeast infection. It’s better not to douche with apple cider vinegar.
- Add two cups of vinegar to a shallow warm – not hot – bath, and soak for 15 minutes. Make sure to dry yourself thoroughly before getting ready or dressed. Body of all women reacts differently, but most of them will see improvement after two or three soaks.
- The acidic component of vinegar helps in eliminating any harmful microorganisms, including yeast. Thus, it helps to restore balance and reduce itching and irritation caused in the infected vaginal area.
- Its over-use may lead to further repercussions that is why one must not delay while treating the problem of yeast infection. Pregnant women should use Boric Acid to treat the same.
- Make sure the vinegar is diluted into the water before applying it to the skin. Apple cider vinegar is also a good option to have better results in terms of health.
For chronic yeast infections, prescription-strength boric acid is sometimes recommended, but it has to be obtained from a pharmacy that compounds drugs. The gelatin capsules are inserted into the vagina at night for two weeks and serve as both an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agent.
It’s safe to try apple cider vinegar for yeast infection home remedy instead of opting for the over-the-counter medications, and they are perfectly safe and convenient to use in addition to the other treatments, even for pregnant women.
How Can I Prevent Future Yeast Infections?
The best way to reduce your risk of getting a yeast infection is to avoid the situations or things from happenings that give rise to the occurrence of the growth of yeast.
- Keep the vaginal area clean and dry. After having a bath, dry the area thoroughly. Limit the amount of time you spend in hot tubs. Yeast grows in warm and moist environments.
- It is recommended to wear cotton, not nylon, underwear; and avoid wearing tights and pantyhose without a cotton lining, as well as tight pants. Consider not to wear underwear during the sleeping time to allow some airflow.
- Have control of Sugar intake, including alcohol as it is the primary source of yeast.
- Avoid douches, feminine sprays, deodorant tampons, and even bubble baths which contain chemicals and can lead to unavoidable irritation and infection. They may imbalance the level of good bacteria and yeast in your vagina.
Apple cider vinegar douche for yeast infection and apple cider vinegar bath for yeast infection may or may not be effective while treating the vagina. If you are confronting recurring vaginal infections, don’t forget to consult your OB/GYN for more natural approaches to prevent and treat yeast infections.