6 Min Read
Poor eyesight is a problem afflicting not only the old but also young ones and even children. Many children and teenagers around us can be spotted with spectacles and contact lenses. The reason can be put down to unhealthy diet and increased exposure to working at computers as well as watching television for long hours. Good news for those suffering from poor eyesight as there are simple eye muscle exercises to improve their vision.
Regular exercises help us stay healthy and in good shape. Eye exercises keep muscles healthy; a fact that most of us are unaware of. Unfortunately, we consider glasses and lenses inevitable after a certain point of time in our lives. Things get worse over time and we have to change to more powerful glass and lenses. The situation will not be so grim if we start eye exercises regularly. Let us take a quick walk through four best and most effective eye strengthening and eye muscle exercises that lessen strain on the eyes and improve eyesight over time.
It is one of the most effective and commonest eye exercises to improve eyesight. It helps retain freshness of eyes and also helps one focus for a long time. Those who watch television or use computer for a long time blink less. It is the simplest kind of exercise. Blink every 3-4 seconds for the next couple of minutes. How do your eyes feel after the exercise? It is more likely that your eyes will feel relaxed and refreshed. When you blink faster, your eyes go into a temporary period of darkness and it helps your eyes look fresh and get rid of eye strain.
The rate at which your eyes blink also helps improve skill of communication. Blinking is a sign of freshness and relaxation that soothe your eyes. However, too much blinking while talking to someone else is not a good idea. Rapid rate of blinking is fine only when you are doing eye strengthening exercises.
This exercise increases flexibility of your eye muscles. This exercise is simple and extremely effective. It relieves your eye stress and relaxes the eye muscles. Here is how to do palming:
- Take deep breath a few times before starting.
- Make yourself feel relaxed while leaning forward over a desk or resting your elbows on the knees.
- Close your eyes.
- Cover your eyes with the palm of your hands while stretching your fingers over your forehead. Rest the heel of your hand on the cheekbone. Blink freely and donâ€™t put any stress on eyes.
This eye exercise is good not only for your eyes but mind as well. It helps in complete relaxation of both eyes and mind.
Focusing Near & Far
- Maintain a comfortable posture while sitting or standing.
- Place your thumb away about 10 inches before you and look at it constantly.
- Now get focused on a point about 10-20 feet before you.
- Switch your focus between near and far after taking a deep breath every time.
This eye exercise will strengthen your eye muscles and improve vision naturally if you do it regularly.
- Sit in a posture that makes you feel comfortable.
- Stretch your arm out in the hitchhike position.
- With arms outstretched, focus on the thumbs.
- Take your thumbs closer to you without losing your focus until they are brought within 3 inches before your eyes.
- Take your thumb away once again until the arms are outstretched.
- Repeat the above-stated procedures a few minutes.
- Do the exercises a few times every day.
The exercise will do you a number of benefits. It will add strength to your eye muscles and also improve your skill of focusing.
There are other exercises as to how to improve your vision. However, for the beginners, these four will serve their purpose. Donâ€™t expect result in a quick frame of time, especially if you have very poor eyesight. However, daily exercises and following the instructions in exactly the same way they are written will surely benefit you in the long run. In fact, you will realize the improvement after a fortnight and a month.
A change in diet chart is also important. Place a lot of vegetables and fruits rich in vitamin A in your chart of regular intake. Exercises and healthy diet complement each other in an excellent way.