The Tirath Ram Shah Hospital is one of the prominent hospitals of Delhi city that is committed to serve the poorer sections of the society. It is a secondary care hospital located on Rajpur Road in New Delhi having a capacity of 200 beds, and has been opened with the aim of developing Obstetrics & Gynecology, and Pediatrics to the tertiary care level.
The hospital, which is being run under name of Tirath Ram Shah Charitable Trust was inaugurated in 1955 by Dr. Rajendra Prashad, the First President of India. The Tirath Ram Shah Hospital is committed to serve all the sections of the society, especially the poorer sections, by providing high quality health care services.
The Tirath Ram Shah Hospital is located on a built-up-area of about one lac sq. ft. in a three storied building. It consistently upgrades its medical facilities and improves its technology, which can be comparable to the top international standards. Most of the areas like O.Ts., ICUs, and the OPD Complex are centrally air conditioned and the hospital has spacious well-equipped private wards, with wide balconies, on single and double-sharing basis. The hospital runs private and general Out Patient Department, 6 days a week, where approximately 300-350 patients come for consultation with the doctors.
The hospital also runs a School of Nursing where 30 students are admitted annually. Triveni Engineering and Industries Ltd., one of the industries in new Delhi, continuously provides financial aid to the hospital for refurbishing and equipping the hospital with modern equipment.