6 Min Read
Looks have always been important. Especially if you are a woman, you are supposed to be and most of the times you are naturally cautious about the way you look and appear. While looks are the prime concern, oneâ€™s face and especially oneâ€™s eyes become the center of attraction. While eyes are important, eyebrows cannot be less important.
In fact, eyes with full eyebrows and well grown eyelashes are the most beautiful aspects of any face. But unfortunately, there are women who do not enjoy such beauty. While nothing can be done with the shape and size of eyes, technology surely has a way out to make your eyebrows seem fuller and thicker. Microblading is the technology which helps you achieve so. But Does Microblading Eyebrows Hurt? Let us find out in this article.
What Are Microblading Eyebrows?
Microblading is a type of semi permanent eyebrow makeup which is usually done to show a good, darker, and a filled in eyebrow for those who usually have thinner eyebrows. The technique of microblading usually involves a hand held tool which usually has almost six to fourteen needles which do the task. That is the reason, the procedure is called Microblading. The process gives instant result without requiring putting regular and consistent efforts.
The process of microblading 3d eyebrows usually involves implantation of a pigment in the base membrane which divides the dermis layer of the skin from the epidermis. This process helps in creating fuller looking brows. The process of microblading is subtly different from the process of eye tattooing which is done with motorized devices. The process of microblading is done using a hand held device, which is also known as the pen, only. This pen helps in stimulating the hair strokes in the brow.
Most microblading artists use pigments instead of ink since pigment has a thicker consistency and has more staying power. Use of such pigment for microblading can last in the skin for one to five years depending on the type of skin and range of skincare products used. Use of such pigment for microblading helps in leaving the strokes fine and crisp since spilling under the skin is avoided, though the pigment would exfoliate to skin level and lighten with time.
Does Microblading Eyebrows Hurt?
The process of microblading begins with the application of a topical numbing cream. This cream is applied to the area in order to reduce the discomfort and pain arising out of the process. At times, the process of microblading is also uses some liquid anesthetic. Though some degree of discomfort can be felt during the process the pain is almost nil because of such anesthetic applications. Without such anesthesia, the process can be very painful. This is confirmed by various experts too according to whom the process does create discomfort but not pain since the area is made numb by the use of anesthesia and topical creams.
Side Effects of Microblading Eyebrows
Some of the side effects of Microblading include:
- Risk of allergic reaction especially to the pigment used in microblading technique
- Risk of infection especially the transmission of infectious diseases such as bacterial skin infections and HIV
- Risk of incorrect microblading procedure which can create further medical complication since the microblading technique is a semi permanent treatment procedure.
- People suffering from diseases such as cancer, hemophilia, and Hepatitis are required to consult their doctor prior to going in for the procedure of microblading.
How Long does Microblading Eyebrows Last?
Usually, if the eyebrows are left untouched after the process of microblading, such microblading eyebrows usually lasts for a period of twelve to eighteen months. However, there is some care which needs to be taken after microblading eyebrows. Some of the activities which should be done after microblading eyebrows include
- Cleaning the eyebrows using an anti bacterial soap gently with the help of your fingertips
- Applying appropriate ointments, as suggested by the Microblading artist, in the microbladed area
- Avoiding washing your face in the shower. You should wash your face before taking a shower or one and a half hour after the shower. The heat generated during the shower can result in open pores and loss of pigments.
- Do not pick up any crust or scab which forms in the microbladed area. Instead, let it fall off naturally.
Thus, the ideal answer for the question Does Microblading Eyebrows Hurt? is yes it does but such pain is subsided by the use of anesthesia. Moreover, such pain can be handled at the cost of looking good, isnâ€™t it?