5 Min Read
Acne is a common problem that is a great cause of embarrassment. The scars can have an adverse effect on your confidence and therefore, your social life. You feel self-conscious and insecure and what makes matters worse is that it is quite difficult to get rid of acne scars. There are loads of products on the market that promise to remove these scars and other blemishes from your skin, but sadly, they are mostly empty promises. They do not work and worse, they are filled with chemicals which cause more damage to your skin. Fortunately, there are homeremedies for acne that you can use to help you get bright, clear skin!
Top 10 Home Remedies To Help You Get Rid Of Acne Scars
Here are 10 great home remedies that you can use to eliminate acne scars and get beautiful skin:
1. Aloe Vera: As you know, aloe vera has many wonderful natural properties that benefit the skin. It is a great remedy for acne and acne scars. Its regenerative properties help in healing the skin and stimulating new skin cell growth. All you need is 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel. Apply it on your skin for 30 minutes twice a day and then wash off with warm water.
2. Lemon Juice: One of the most popular home remedies for pimples and acne is lemon juice. You can also use it to get rid of acne scars. It has skin-lightening citric acid that helps give you clear, blemish-free skin. All you need to do is squeeze a few drops of lemon juice and moisten a cotton ball with it. Gently rub your skin with it and leave it on for 15 minutes. Do this every night for scar-free skin.
3. Tomato: This is another popular remedy for scars and other skin problems. Tomato is rich in beta carotene and Vitamin A which help in healing damaged skin and boosting the growth of new skin cells. It is also great for exfoliating your skin. All you need to do is cut it into slices and leave them on your skin for 10 minutes. Regular use will help you remove acne scars in no time.
4. Sodium Bicarbonate: This is an excellent solution when you have an acne scar problem. It has the ability to lighten and exfoliate the skin, making it great for removing scars and other blemishes from your skin. To use, take a pinch of sodium bicarbonate and apply it on your wet face. Leave it on only for 30 seconds and then wash off with warm water.
5. Sandalwood And Rose Water: Both these ingredients have many benefits for the skin, removing acne scars being one of them. Make a paste with sandalwood and rose water and apply it on your face. Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes. You can also leave this all-natural face pack on overnight. Use it regularly and you will notice visible results in a very short time.
6. Cucumber Juice: As you know, cucumber has a cooling and soothing effect on the skin. This is great for acne-prone skin as well as acne scars. Cucumber juice is also an excellent skin toner and helps in improving your skin texture, reducing inflammation and healing the scars caused by acne. All you need to do is to moisten a cotton ball with this juice, apply it on your skin and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Do this twice every day forgreat results.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar: This is another home remedy that is used to treat many skin problems. It is a great toner for the skin and helps in clearing up acne and acne scars. It has powerful astringent properties and stimulates the flow of blood, which helps speed up the healing process and regeneration of cells. To use, moisten a cotton ball with this vinegar, gently rub your face with it, leave it on for 10 minutes and wash off with warm water.
8. Coconut Oil: This is another popular home remedy for various skin conditions because it is a great natural moisturizer that has powerful healing properties. To use, take Â¼ teaspoon of virgin coconut oil in the palm of your hand and let it melt. Using your fingertips, gently massage it on the affected area and let your skin absorb its goodness. You do not have to wash it off as the oilâ€™s essential fatty acids and vitamins will continue to work on your skin to improve it. However, if it feels too heavy on your skin, leave it on for 30 minutes before washing off.
9. Potato Juice: This veggie has many vitamins and minerals that make it a great remedy for acne and acne scars. Cut a few thin slices of potato, rub gently and leave it on the affected area for at least 15 minutes. Once done, rinse off with warm water. Do this once every day to get rid of acne scars naturally.
10. Sugar Scrub: A homemade sugar scrub can work wonders in healing acne scars. Sugar has an alpha hydroxy acid known as glycolic acid, which helps in removing dead skin and boosting cell regeneration. To make this scrub, all you need to do is mix organic cane sugar with extra virgin olive oil at a 2-to-1 ratio. Next, add a few drops of lemon juice. Use it on your scars and leave on for 15 minutes every 2 to 3 days for great results.
If you want to know how to remove acne naturally, the remedies mentioned above are the best. While they get rid of acne and prevent it, they also help eliminate the scars. Sehat also provides list of best skin specialists by city like dermatologist in Hyderabad, dermatologist in Delhi and more. With clear and bright skin, you can get your confidence back and look and feel great every day!
There are loads of products on the market which you can obtain from doctors and pharmacy specialists, like The Independent Pharmacy, that may help treat your acne or remove scarring. However, there are homeremedies for acne that you can use to help you get bright, clear skin!