5 Min Read
Dandruff & itchy scalp are interrelated, itchy scalp leads to dandruff and vice versa. Besides, both these two can lead to hair fall. Hair loss due to itchy scalp and dandruff is a common issue for many. However, the good part is, they are curable naturally. Here in this article, you can know how to prevent hair loss due to dandruff and you can also know the best natural ways to restrict hair fall due to itchy scalp, dry scalp, and dandruff.
What Causes Dandruff?
To be more precise and exact the causes of dandruff are still not clear. Usually, this begins about the time of puberty and the supposed causes are many such as;
- Irritated & oily skin
- Not shampooing the hair enough
- Malassezia-a yeast-like fungus that feeds on oils produced on hair scalp (it is mostly in adults)
- Dry skin
- Sensitiveness to hair products i.e., contact dermatitis
- Skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis
- Other medical conditions
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dandruff Naturally?
Although there are many readily available medicines to treat dandruff the best is to rely on home remedies as they are natural and come with fewer side effects. Here are the natural remedies to treat dandruff.
- Oil your hair but don’t let it stay for long on your hair. In fact, too much oil and it's staying on hair for a long time can actually lead to dandruff. So, try to wash your hair within an hour.
- Vinegar is the best natural solution for dry, itchy & dandruff-filled skin. It is effective in killing dandruff-causing bacteria and funguses. The acidic nature of it is a highly effective solution for many hair problems. Just apply an equal amount of white vinegar and water onto the scalp and wash it after 30 minutes.
- Baking Soda is not only a natural scrub but a good exfoliator and as such removes dead skin cells and dandruff flakes naturally. Simply add baking soda to your shampoo and wash your hair. This kind of hair wash will kill bacteria besides soothing the scalp and reducing itching and redness.
- For ages, neem has been the natural remedy for many skin problems and as such, it can also be a trusted solution for dandruff. However, ensure you dilute neem extract with water as concentrated neem extract can further increase dandruff and irritation.
- Garlic can easily do the magic for dandruff due to its healing properties. Crush 1 or 2 cloves in a small amount of water and apply it to hair. It reduces dandruff-causing funguses and germs.
- Aloe Vera is not only a natural cooling agent but is also a gentle exfoliator. Apply Aloe Vera extract undiluted on hair and wash after an hour to see smooth and dandruff less skin.
How To Prevent Hair Loss From Dandruff?
There is a very much close relation between dandruff and hair loss. The higher your scalp has dandruff the higher is the hair loss. Although dandruff can never directly lead to hair fall it can easily trigger hair fall indirectly as more dandruff is more itching and more itching is more fall. Other medical conditions that lead to dandruff can also affect the amount of hair fall.
As you now know that dandruff and hair loss are related. The only way to prevent hair loss due to dandruff is to reduce dandruff somehow. You may use medicated anti-dandruff shampoos or try out some of the above-mentioned natural remedies to treat dandruff. On our part, we suggest you first try natural ways as medicated shampoos have substances like selenium sulfide which can further aggravate hair fall. If you are suffering from dandruff even by following all the remedies then it is time that you must consult the best dermatologist.
How To Prevent Hair Loss Due To Dandruff And An Itchy Scalp Naturally?
Hair loss is not only due to dandruff but can also happen due to an itchy scalp. The worst nightmare is hair loss doubles when you have an itchy scalp and dandruff.
Itchy scalp can also lead to flakiness, bumps, and scaly patches. Although the hair loss is stopped once the itchy scalp is treated, in rare conditions there could be a permanent hair loss.
Since you are now aware of treating dandruff naturally let us now see how to treat itchy scalp naturally so that you get a natural solution to prevent hair fall due to itchy scalp and dandruff.
- Eat a more balanced diet, now and then focus on foods rich in iron, folic acid, amino acids, zinc, and protein.
- Try essential oils such as peppermint and rosemary. Use them along with carrier oil.
- Give your scalp a medical massage now and then with natural ingredients such as neem oil or Aloe Vera as these can ward off bacteria that cause itchy scalp.
- Don’t scratch rigorously if your scalp feels irritated.
Follow the above natural remedies for treating dandruff and itchy scalp and you can naturally treat hair fall due to these conditions.