How Rose Water works wonders for you?
We are sure many of you might have heard your grannies emphasizing on the benefits of Rose water. Rose water is an open secret women used to keep their skin glowing and blemish-free since ages. The beautiful Cleopatra used Rose water in various face masks as well. If Rose water is not a part of your beauty regimen, its time you included it. We give you a few good reasons that will leave you convinced.
Why Rose water is good for you?
- Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties which can cure sun burns, redness, acne and pimples.
- It acts as an excellent base for makeup.
- Use it as a cleanser as it has the properties to remove dirt and grime from the skin.
- Rose water in your bath or pedicure refreshes and relaxes you. The aroma of rose is a perfect mood enhancer.
- Many parlors use Rose water as an astringent after a facial as it can close the pores on the skin and give a lovely glow.
- It acts as a good anti-septic, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory product.
- It is used in treatments for conditions of aroma therapies and stress: nervous tension, peptic ulcers, heart disease.
Making Rose water at home
Rose water can be purchased from any local supermarket. However, it can contain chemicals and artificial preservatives. Rose water can be prepared at home by storing fresh rose petals in a jar filled with distilled water. Place the jar in sunlight for a few days and your home made pure rose water is ready.
Benefits of Rose Water
Benefits of Rosewater for Skin:
- Rose water cleanses, nourishes and moisturizes the skin. Soak a swab of cotton in rose water. Hydrate dry skin by using it. Use it on oily skin as well, as it can absorb excess oil without leaving a drying effect.
- It acts as an astringent whose anti-inflammatory agents can prevent aging and wrinkles.
- Inflamed pimples and spots can be lightened by applying a paste of sandal wood, rose water and lemon juice.
- Make your own cleanser at home by adding 2-3 drops of glycerin, 12 drops of rose oil to a cup of rose water.
- It maintains PH balance on skin and can cure sun burns, scars, wounds, insect bites and acne.
- Generously add rose water to your bath and soak in. You feel calmer and relaxed. And what’s more, your skin will be pampered.
- Rose water keeps your body smelling fresh after a bath and prevents bad odors from accumulating due to excessive sweating.
- Rose water can be used as an effective aftershave lotion for closing the open pores and treating cuts if any.
Benefits of Rosewater for Hair:
- Rose water prevents hair fall, nourishes it and promotes hair growth by increasing the blood flow.
- A massage with rose water keeps the scalp cool and fresh and also aids in adequate blood flow.
- Use rose water as a conditioner to keep your hair free from split ends and being dull, dry and frizzy.
- Mix some rose water in the bath or in your shampoo and you'll be left with conditioned and moisturized hair which smells great and is extremely soft to touch.
Medicinal properties of Rosewater:
- Cure sore throat by drinking a cup of tea made with rose petals in hot boiling water.
- Gargle with rose water to get healthy, fresh smelling, and sparkling teeth.
- Dip a cotton ball in rose water and apply around the eyes, forehead and temples to soothe headaches and also relieve tooth aches.
- Rose water can help control the unpleasant symptoms of PMS, such as cramping and mood swings.
Rosewater for Make up:
- Spritz rose water on your makeup so that it sets in place. Your make up will last longer too.
- Remove your make up before going to bed using cotton dabbed in rose water. Gently rub it in circular movements.
Rosewater to reduce Eye Fatigue:
Dip a cloth in rose water and place it on your eyelids for a soothing feeling that helps cool your eyes. It is effective in curing eye irritation and redness too.
Rosewater in Aromatic Cuisine:
In India, rose water is added to biryani dishes, ice creams, puddings and sweets like Gulab Jamun to get aromatic flavor and an authentic taste.
Drinking Rose water:
It is rich in flavonoids, anti-oxidants, tannins and essential vitamins like A, C, D, E and B3. Add a few drops of rose water and chopped badam to a cup of cold creamy milk/lassi. A delicious yet healthy drink is ready to welcome guests in a jiffy.
Rosewater as a disinfectant:
Keep your home or workplace free from bacteria and germs by adding a handful of epsom salt to pure rose water. Spray this mixture in your kitchen and bathroom shelves.