Lose weight without Being Deprived of Food
- Try this great yet simple menu of delicious, filling meal options that boost energy and trigger weight loss.
- Eat for energy.
- This plan isn't a deprivation diet; it's a simple menu of delicious, filling meal options that happen to boost energy and trigger weight loss.
- Choose a daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack. The meals provide an ideal balance of slow-burning carbs, lean protein, and good-for-you fat to fuel your transformation.
- Sauté one small chopped apple in a pan over medium heat with one tablespoon lemon juice and two tablespoons water until tender.
- Spoon over one-quarter cup rolled oats, cooked with water and a dash of apple-pie spice. Sprinkle with two tablespoons chopped walnuts.
- Serve with a tall skim latte.
- Spread one quarter avocado inside half a whole-grain pita; fill with half a sliced plum tomato, one cooked egg, one tablespoon chopped red onion, and one-quarter cup spinach leaves. Serve with a large pear.
- Warm one cup frozen blueberries and one-quarter teaspoon of cinnamon in a pan over low heat until juicy.
- Layer berries with a single-serving non fat vanilla Greek yogurt and one-quarter cup rolled oats.
- Top with two tablespoons chopped pecans.
- Thaw one cup frozen corn. Make pico de gallo:
- Combine one-half cup quartered grape tomatoes, one-quarter cup minced yellow bell pepper, one-quarter cup minced white onion, one tablespoon chopped cilantro, one teaspoon minced jalapeno, and juice from half a lime.
- Sauté 20 medium raw, deveined shrimp in a skillet with one tablespoon coconut oil until cooked through. Whisk one tablespoon each fresh orange juice and brown-rice vinegar with one-half teaspoon fresh grated ginger.
- Sauté one-quarter cup each snow peas, chopped onion, cabbage, and red bell pepper in a separate skillet with ginger sauce until slightly tender; stir in shrimp. Serve stir-fry over three-quarters cup cooked wild rice.
- Toss pico de gallo with 1.5 cups spinach leaves.
- Top with one-half cup warmed canned vegetarian refried black beans, corn, and half a medium avocado, sliced.
- Slice one whole-grain pita to create two circular halves; set one half aside. Preheat oven to 350°F; bake remaining pita half until toasted.
- Brush with one tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil; top with one-half plum tomato, thinly sliced, and three chopped basil leaves; sprinkle with one-quarter cup each part-skim shredded mozzarella and crumbled feta.
- Bake 4 to 5 minutes.
- Top with one cup watercress; drizzle with one-half tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
- Whisk one tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, one tablespoon red-wine vinegar, and one-half teaspoon minced garlic.
- Toss with one-half cup cooked, chilled whole-grain penne, 3 to 4 sliced basil leaves, one-half cup sliced grape tomatoes, one-quarter cup minced red onion, and 3 ounces canned wild salmon.
- Spread one tablespoon basil pesto on one toasted whole-grain English muffin; fill with 3 ounces extra-firm organic tofu. Serve with 12 baby carrots and two tablespoons hummus.