3 Min Read
Healthcare and hospitals are an expensive proposition for most of us. Especially for government employees and blue-collar workers who depend upon their salary, illness or disability can cause undue financial pressures. To help all such people, the government of India has envisaged the Employee's State Insurance Corporation.
Employee's State Insurance (ESI) is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme for workers or employees of firms in India. ESI is managed by the Employees' State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) which comes under the ESI Act 1948. ESIC is an autonomous corporation which is been maintained by the central government under the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
ESI Scheme Benefits
This insurance scheme provides a number of social security benefits to its members. Some of the leading benefits include
SIC provides reasonable medical care for the employee and family from day one of entering insurable employment.
ESIC provides 70% of average daily wages in cash during medical leave, up to 91 days in two consecutive benefit periods.
ESIC provides 100 percent of average daily wages, in cash, for up to 26 weeks in confinement and up to 6 weeks in case of miscarriage, during maternity leave. It also has similar provisions for up to 12 weeks, in the case of commissioning mothers and adoptive mothers.
If an employee is injured, ESIC provides monthly payment till injury lasts - for temporary disablement, and for whole life where permanent disablement is involved.
If an employee passes away while working in the company, ESIC provides monthly payment apportioned among the dependants of the deceased.
ESI Hospitals List In HyderabadTo carry out its employee benefit services, ESI has established a network of self-operated, and associated hospitals. The ESI hospitals list in Hyderabad are
ESIC Super Speciality Hospital, Sanathnagar
- There are different sub-clinics operate here which provide treatment for all major diseases.
- CAPD clinic, which comes under the Department of Nephrology, is available at this hospital from Monday to Thursday between 12 pm â€“ 01 pm.
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) operates on every Wednesday from 12 pm to 01 pm.
- Spine clinic of the Department of Neuro operates on Fridays between 9 am â€“ 01 pm.
- Pediatric Urology clinic also operates on Fridays between 9 am â€“ 01 pm.
- Epilepsy clinic operates from Monday to Friday between 9 am â€“ 01 pm.
- Stroke clinic also operates from Monday to Friday between 9 am â€“ 01 pm.
- Multiple sclerosis clinic operates every month last Thursday between 9 am - 1 pm.
- Movement disorder and botox clinic operate on every Wednesday and Thursday between 9 am â€“ 1 pm.
ESI Hospital In Ramachandra Puram
This is another ESI hospital in Hyderabad which is equipped with technologically advanced healthcare facilities. The hospital is located just beside BDL colony and is open 24 hours.
ESI Hospital In Nacharam
ESI Super Speciality Hospital in Nacharam is a one-stop destination for patients not only from Hyderabad but also for those who come from nearby villages. The hospital is located near Vyjayanthi theatre and is easy to locate. The major services available at this hospital are Orthopaedic, General Physician, Ophthalmology, Urology and Diabetic among others. This is also a 24-hour hospital which provides services round the clock.
Apart from ESI super specialty hospitals, members of the ESI scheme can also visit one of the ESI dispensaries. Hyderabad, Telangana state has numerous ESI dispensaries located across the city. Unlike the comprehensive services provided in a super specialty hospital, these dispensaries provide treatment for many health issues. Usually, a general physician will be available in the dispensary and the clinic operates from 9 am to 3 pm. If the patient is suffering from any serious health issue and if he/she has to undergo any major diagnosis, the doctor will refer the patient to an ESI super-specialty hospital.
The Dispensaries Located In Prominent Locations of Hyderabad
- ESI dispensary, Malakpet, near Vani junior college.
- ESI dispensary, Ravindra Nagar colony, Ramanthapur.
- ESI dispensary, Dabeerpura, Yakuthpura.
- ESI dispensary, Ramnagar, Adikmet.
- ESI dispensary, Goshamahal Road, Afzal sagar nagar, Nampally.
- ESI dispensary, Mallepally Rd, Sharam Bagh, Nampally.
- ESI dispensary, Nagendra Nagar, Habsiguda.
- ESI dispensary, Tirmala Arcade, Nimboli Adda, Kachiguda.
- ESI dispensary, Fort Road, Chota Bazar, Golconda Fort.
- ESI dispensary, Raju Colony Rd, Raju Colony, Balanagar.
- ESI dispensary, Opp. Gandhi Hospital, Kavadiguda Road.
- ESI dispensary, BK Guda road, SR Nagar.
- ESI dispensary, New Nallakunta.
There are also some private hospitals in Hyderabad with which ESIC has tied up for providing quality health care services. Patients can visit these hospitals for ESI benefits and cashless emergency treatments. Most of the well-known and super specialty hospitals in Hyderabad are tied up with ESI.
ESIC Tie-up Hospitals in Hyderabad
Here is the list of ESIC tie up hospitals in Hyderabad which offer ESI benefits to eligible patients
Mediciti Hospital, Secretariat Road
The services provided at this hospital are Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Pediatric Surgery, Urology and Urosurgery, Gastroenterology and GI Surgery.
Krishna Institute Of Medical Sciences, Minister Road, Secunderabad
The services offered at KIMS are Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Pediatric surgery, Oncology and Onco Surgery, Urology and Urosurgery, Gastroenterology and GI Surgery, Reconstruction surgery, Endocrinology, and Endocrine Surgery. MRI, CT Scan and Echo are also provided.
Image Hospital, Image House, Ameerpet
Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Pediatric Surgery, Endocrinology and Endocrine Surgery among other services are provided at Image hospital.
Lotus Children Hospitals, Lakdikapul
All kinds of Pediatric- Medical and Surgical care, including all pediatric Cardiac Surgeries are performed in this hospital.
Yashoda hospital, Care hospital, Kamineni hospitals, Apollo hospitals, Medwin and Rainbow Childrenâ€™s hospitals among others are also tied up with ESI in Hyderabad. As we can see, the ESI Hospitals list in Hyderabad shows that ESIC has established a robust presence in the city, to cater to the health and disability requirements of thousands of people employed in industrial and business establishments here.