25 Easy and speedy weight loss tips
Amidst all the dieting myths and fad diets, it is important to understand the benefits of watchful eating and exercising for weight loss. Below are some quick and handy ways to speed up the metabolism that in turn help in quick weight reduction:
1) Consume green tea: A recent study has demonstrated that green tea contains metabolism enhancing antioxidants called catechins. The consumption of green tea helps in the burning of 70 additional calories in a 24-hour period.
2) Consume optimal salt: Consumption of more sodium than required contributes to water retention. This in turn can lead to bloating of the body. The suggested intake of salt must be less than or equal to 2400 milligrams per day.
3) Indulge in strength training: Strength training may include push-ups, squats or lunges. It also involves use of free weights to perform simple bicep curls or triceps pulls even at home. This is known to build lean muscle tissue, thus burning more calories.
4) Get good sleep: Study suggests that getting a full 8 hours of sleep contributes to a better metabolism rate in women as compared to less than 4 hours of sleep. This in turn can contribute to quick shedding of weight.
5) Make happy hours healthy: The after lunch/dinner happy hours can be made healthy by walking and running around instead of indulging in night-outs. This simple trick has been shown to reduce about 40 pounds in a year.
6) Get an optimal breakfast: It is recommended to have a balanced breakfast that amounts to about 300 calories. There are recorded experiences which state that consuming a healthy mix of proteins and whole grains at breakfast help to control hunger throughout the day.
7) Have an evening walk: Exercise at any time is always considered good for the body. However, evening workouts/ walk can improve the metabolism rate before dinner. It can in turn reduce the possibility of the dinner calories saturating in the hip area.
8) Have every meal: Skipping meals and starving for a long period can slow down the metabolic rate of our body. It is recommended to have optimal meals in a timely manner. If there is a possibility of meals getting skipped, having an energy bar or a piece of fruit instead is advised.
9) Avoid calories in a glass: Alcoholic beverages provide few nutrients but may contribute to unwanted weight gain. Calories in tea, coffee, cola (simple and refined sugars) pose a serious challenge to those trying to stay fit.
10) Drink enough water: It is one of the most commonly recommended tips for ensuring a quick calorie burn. It is advised to consume 64 ounces of water, or at least 8 glasses a day.
11) Indulge in fun activities like Zumba: Taking Zumba classes about twice a week have proved effective in toning down the leg muscles and abs. It also provides a quick cardio workout and helps in weight reduction.
12) Increase veggie content of diet: Consuming more vegetables in routine foods makes one feel full more quickly. This in turn refrains us from consuming calorie-full foods like chips or deserts.
13) Consume hot pepper: It has been observed that consuming hot spicy peppers can improve body metabolism, which in turn can help reduce calories. This is because peppers contain a specific compound which helps to release body stress hormones. Hot peppers can also help to control food cravings.
14) Reduce consumption of sugar and starches: Controlling sugar and starch intake reduces insulin secretion by the body. As insulin is a major source of fat storage, bringing it down in turn releases fat. This helps in burning of fat instead of the body carbs. Lowering insulin also results in the kidneys shedding excess of salt and water, thereby helping to lose weight.
15) Drop off the smoking habit: Quitting smoking has been shown to reduce the extra pounds quickly. By getting rid of the smoking habit, one may feel more healthy and can drop up to 37 pounds in 3 months.
16) Practice Yoga: Yoga has proved to be an effective way to ensure weight loss in a healthy manner.
17) Control the fast food intake: While indulging in junk eatables and fast food items, it is recommended to limit the quantity to a small meal/item. This way, one gets to relish these eatables, while limiting their harmful effects.
18) Make room for desserts: One can still go ahead with having a quick glass of wine or a treat of chocolate, if one indulges in healthy snacks like carrot and hummus first. Experience has shown that you can reduce up to 20 pounds in 3 months by this simple principle.
19) Refrain from nighttime eating: Avoiding eating after 6.30 pm for about 5 days a week has been shown to reduce weight quickly.
20) Take dog for a walk: This activity, even if for 10 minutes, has shown to add up resulting in quick weight loss.
21) Practice cleansing ritual of food items: This can be practiced by replacing the foods that we overindulge in, with some healthy substitutes. Stocks of ice-cream can be substituted by low calorie snacks like roasted sunflower seeds or Special K Chocolatey Delight cereal.
22) Practice intermediate exercises: This technique can ensure burning of extra calories. Small bouts of exercise like jumping jacks or crunches while watching TV or dancing while doing utensils can help in toning down while burning calories.
23) Listen to music: Listening to a favorite musical while gyming has shown to improve the working- out capacity, while helping to pump in more energy.
24) Consume more fibrous content: Fibre supplements like glucomannan can help reduce weight, especially around the belly area. Glucomann is a water soluble dietary supplement available in drink mixes and some food products like pasta and flours.
25) Use smaller plates: As strange as it may sound, using small plates has been shown to reduce intake of food.