5 Min Read
Rooibos is a trending variety of tea that is consumable for medical purposes by people. It originates from the Republic of South Africa in the southern part of Africa. The Rooibos tea benefits include being delicious and has no caffeine in it thus being the best way a person can alter their tea taking norms. It brags of a number of antioxidants in it when compared to the general variety of green tea. It is even superior to the world-wide known green, black, and the match a variety of tea. In this article, we are going to be focusing on the Rooibos tea benefits.
Of late, Rooibos tea is the much sought-after variety for its sweet and mild flavor which makes it have a honey/vanilla taste. It is on top of all the palate-pleasing kinds of tea in the world. For ages, the South Africans have relied on Rooibos Tea for its vast health benefits. These benefits reaped from rooibos tea include providing relief for teething gums, calming colicky young ones, and it can boost good/deeper sleep.
It also boasts of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant characteristics which are much needed in protecting against diseases such as cancer, heart conditions, and blood sugar related conditions. Rooibos tea helps in the loss of excess weight in those who use it to shed the extra pounds.
Rooibos Tea Benefits For Pregnancy
For the women who love taking tea, they should be aware of those teas they can stick to and those to avoid while expectant entirely. This is because some types of beverages contain caffeine levels that are dangerous to the unborn baby. This makes many women cautious when it comes to drinking tea when pregnant. Generally, from studies, it has been proven that it is safe to take many of the available herbal teas for they tend to contain additional benefits for the pregnancy. This should be kept at the medically acceptable amounts.
Therefore, drinking rooibos tea has very many benefits. Rooibos tea being herbal tea does not have the direct side-effects that come with having the caffeinated non-herbal ones. It will boost the absorption of nutrients and increase the adrenal glands. For the caffeinated ones, this is vice-versa. Any pregnant woman who chooses to stick to the herbal rooibos tea will have made the wisest decision for their pregnancy well-being. This is in comparison to having the non-herbal ones while expectant.
Improves Hydration Levels
Rooibos tea being herbal will improve the hydration levels of the expectant woman while at the same time availing integrated nutrients for their body and the baby too.
Reduction of Anxiety and Stress Conditions
Rooibos tea has a benefit that cannot be overlooked at all, it is known to be full of antioxidants and vitamin C which is necessary when it comes to the reduction of anxiety and stress conditions that tend to affect many expectant women.
Morning Sickness Relief
Rooibos tea is best suited to curb an expectant womanâ€™s morning sickness condition and make the uterus healthy ready for delivery. Rooibos tea is the best and highly recommended variety of herbal tea for all pregnant women for it has a pleasant taste which is similar to the black teas.
Reduces Colic and Refluxes
Rooibos tea does not contain caffeine, has calcium, magnesium, and a lot of antioxidants which are so crucial for the mother and the baby. When it comes to digestion for the expectant women, it has the best results for it reduces colic and refluxes.
Adding some milk with boost the already pleasant taste of rooibos tea and assist more in the absorption of nutrients for it does not contain tannins which are known to interfere with the absorption of nutrients. Rooibos tea ensures that the mother gets an adequate rest through a more restful sleep once they take it.
Rooibos Tea Benefits For Skin And Hair
The benefits of taking rooibos tea when it comes to skin and hair include
- For the skin rooibos tea contains a suitable type of antioxidant which is called superoxide dismutase which provides a perfect anti-aging agent. At the same time superoxide dismutase which is found in this tea assists in minimizing wrinkles while at the same time promoting the development of new and healthy skin cells.
- The tea is suitable when it comes to protection against some skin conditions. Eczema and acne are such good examples of skin conditions that can be prevented by taking rooibos tea. This is made possible by the availability of the vast amounts of flavonoid in the tea. To avoid these conditions, you can either apply it on the skin or drink it too.
- It is beneficial to the skin when it comes to minimizing bacterial infections. This is made possible by the anti-bacterial and hypoallergenic characteristics of the rooibos tea. The properties make sure that these bacterial infections that affect the skin do not recur. It best when it comes to allergy relief.
- Boosts healthy skin due to the high amounts of vitamins and minerals. For example, vitamin D and zinc which are required in making the skin much healthier and shiny from the interior. Frequent intake of rooibos tea provides a person with glowing skin while at the same time assisting in the removal of worn-out cells from the skin.
- Promotes hair growth through frequent intake for it is full of zinc, calcium, copper, and magnesium minerals. These minerals are essential for the perfect growth and strength of the hair.
- Prevents premature greying of hair this is made possible by the availability of high amounts of copper present in rooibos.
Rooibos Tea Benefits For Weight Loss
Has it know obviously weight gain is ignited by a diet high in fat rooibos tea contains aspalathin an active ingredient that helps to lessen stress hormones which are known to elicit hunger and fat storage. The tea is also known to prevent obesity by affecting the balance of energy and storage of fat.
How To Prepare Rooibos Tea
- Boil the required amount of water
- Add a single teaspoon of rooibos leaves to the boiled water
- Reduce the amount of heat and simmer for like 30 minutes
- Sieve the rooibos tea leaves into a cup using a sieve
- Add some milk to taste and enjoy
Rooibos tea benefits for babies are the perfect healthy alternative to other beverages. The antioxidants, anti-inflammatory characteristics, and those that the support immune systems are in plenty in rooibos tea. These increase the babyâ€™s energy levels while being beneficial with no harm to them. It is highly recommended in the minimization of allergies in babies.
Rooibos tea estrogen is produced in the body from drinking rooibos tea frequently. This increases liver enzymes which in turn promote the production of the hormone estrogen from the substances that are contained in the tea. These are facts proven by medical studies. Rooibos tea liver damage is reduced by drinking it daily or frequently which produces more enzymes to fight off conditions that cause its damage.
Anybody can benefit from the goodness of rooibos tea by just drinking it as much as possible. It makes the body healthy, reduces all skin/hair related conditions, and ensures any of its drinkers lives a healthier lifestyle. Rooibos tea is can be found in all shelves of the markets at a pocket-friendly cost. You should go rooibos tea.